˗ˏˋʚ05ɞˎˊ˗

──────────────

──────────────

"ATTENTION CLASS!" Mr Higdon shouted.

"Today you'll be working in pairs on an introduction project. You and your partner will be giving introductions as a powerpoint and presenting them to the class. You are pairs to learn more about one another." He explained.

"Pick your own pairs and choose wisely." He nodded.

I looked around my class to see Payton but.. there was also Darnell who was looking at me.
Payton only had this class because she was actually smart. English Literature and Composition was only a senior class. For her to be in here had to mean something.

"I hope Darnell wasn't going to work with you." She blushed.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"He was staring at you for a good five minutes before I came over here." She shrugged.

"Maybe He doesn't know anyone here." I shrugged.

"And another excuse! Why won't you let yourself win!" She laughed.

"You want him payton don't you!" I smiled.

"Isn't there some type of of girl code against that?" I mumbled.

"Oh don't be silly." She sucked her teeth.

"I like to daze at him from afar.. he's way out of my league." She admit.

"Payton don't talk about yourself like that and don't even lower you standards and views for man." I explained.

"I know." She sighed.

The bell rang and I grabbed my things. We made our way out the class room now walking together to our lockers.

"You know I think you and Darnell would
make a great couple." She nudged me.

"Can you stop talking about him for once!" I laughed.

"He's quite literally all you talk about." I smiled.

"Am not!" She rolled her eyes.

"Did I say he broke every scoring record both in basketball and in football?" She held her books tightly.

"No but you just did." I groaned opening my locker.

"Sorry am I talking too much?" She bit her nails.

"No i just- don't like sports." I paused.

"You don't have to like sports to have a crush on Darnell." She shrugged.

"You just need a pulse." She assured.

"Very funny." I closed my locker.

"But I would never have a crush on a guy like Darnell." I shrugged.