Free

No one's POV: (the night of the show)
Velvet and Veneer walk onto the stage, everyone screaming their names.

"Who's ready for the greatest concert ever!?" Velvet asks the crowd.

Everyone screams in excitement.

"Well, okay then. Let's get this thing started!"

But just as Velvet and Veneer are about to press the button to extract brozone's talent, the sound of Rhonda fills the room, causing everyone to turn towards her. Branch and his brothers look out of the bottles to see what the noise was, and who do they see in the front seat of the bus? Floyd, Viva, and Poppy.

Poppy's POV:
I use the speaker on the bus to get their attention.

"Velvet and Veneer!"

I climb out of the bus before speaking.

"Give me back my boyfriend!"

Viva suddenly speaks up behind me.

"And my husband!"

Floyd speaks up next.

"And my brothers!"

"You don't know what you're talking about, trolls"

"You're stealing brozone's talent because you have none of your own. You big, oh you big, PHONIES!"

Everyone gasps at that, and you can see the look of casual on Velvet and Veneer's faces switched to a look of worry and fear.

"Ok, we need to leave, right now!"

Velvet and Veneer run away, and I see them get in their car and driving away.

Viva, Floyd and I climb back into the bus, and we start chasing them.

Suddenly, they start talking.

"What's up, mount brodacians!? You didn't think we were just gonna give you a boring old stage show, did you!?"

They then click the buttons on their shoulder pads, and I can see the life being sucked out of them.

"Sweet dreams are made of this? Who am I to disagree? I travel the world and the seven seas, everybody's lookin' for something"

I grab one of the sticky arms, and attach myself to it.

"Viva, hold me up."

I hand Viva the end of the arm before descending onto one of the diamonds.

"Poppy seed!"

"Hang tight, JD!!"

Suddenly, Velvet rips me away from the diamond, sending me flying back onto the bus.

"Some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you. Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want to be abused"

We try to catch up to their car, but we can't fast enough.

"Uh, guys. What does 'end of the road' mean?" Viva asks.

Velvet and Veneer suddenly jump off of their car and onto a boat.

"Yeah, ahh, ahh, ahhhh!!"

I push the breaks before we reach the end.

"Fame! I'm gonna live forever! I'm gonna learn how to fly! I feel it comin' together. People will see me and cry!"

I quickly speed down the road next to the boat before turning the bus towards the water.

"Sis, what are you doing?" Viva asks.

I push on the gas before the bus jumps off of the road and into the water.

Rhonda spits us out before falling into the water. Viva quickly grabs one of the sticky arms and sticks it to the side of the boat. We all climb onto the boat, but Velvet and Veneer quickly notice us.

"If you want to be as famous as me, you gotta work, gotta work, gotta work!"

Velvet tries to step on us, but we all quickly move out of the way.

Viva and I manage to rip Spruce and Clay out of Veneer's shoulder pads, but he's making it difficult to get to Velvet's.

"You okay, Clay?" Viva asks.

"We're fine, Veevs. But we're not done yet."

Floyd jumps onto Velvet and manages to grab JD, and that only leaves Branch.

"Bitty B!" John Dory calls out as Velvet and Veneer run up the stairs.

"Baby remember my naaa, aaaa, aaame, aaame, aaame, aaame, aameeeeeee!"

I look at Branch, and he doesn't look good at all. His hair is almost completely white, and the entire lower half of his body is glitter.

Everyone cheers for Velvet and Veneer, oblivious to how they have their talent.

"Do you guys want an encore!?" Velvet asks.

Everyone cheers, indicating that they do.

"An encore? Sis, this one won't even last you half of a song. Let's just quit while we're on top!" Veneer says.

"Just sing, you beautiful idiot!" Velvet replies before pressing the button on her shoulder pads again.

"Bitty B won't make it, he's got nothing left." John Dory says

I suddenly remember something.

"Guys! I know how to save Branch!"

"If you're thinking about using the perfect family harmony again, save it. Velvet said that won't work on ultra diamond." Clay says.

"No! Just, trust me on this."

"We trust you, Poppy seed." JD replies.

Velvet and Veneer are about to start singing again, when their microphones cut out.

I look up at Floyd, who I notice cut the microphones power.

I nod at him before beginning to sing.

Quick key for the song: Poppy-💗 Branch-💙 all except branch-❣️all including Branch-❤️ Branch and Poppy-💙💗

💗"You with the sad eyes

"Don't be discouraged"

"Oh I realize, it's hard to take courage, in a world full of people, you can lose sight of it all, the darkness inside you, can make you feel so small"💗

Suddenly, everyone joins in behind me, and I see Branch slowly open his eyes.

❣️ "show me a smile, then. Don't be unhappy, can't remember when. I last saw you laughing, this world makes you crazy, and you take on all you can bear, just, call me up, cuz I will always be there. And I see your true colors shining through, I see your true colors, that's why I love you."❣️

Suddenly, I hear Branch singing.

💙 "so don't be afraid"💙

I join back in with him.

💙💗 "to let them show. Your true colors, true colors are beautiful."

Everyone joins back in with us.

❤️ "I see your true colors, shining through, and I see your true colors, that's why I love you. So don't be afraid, to let them show. Your true colors, true colors are beautiful."❤️

💙💗 "like a rain, ainbow. Oh, ooh, oh, oh like a rain, ainbow."

Branch's bottle slowly moves out of Velvet's shoulder pad, and everyone's bottle suddenly breaks.

Branch is in the air for a moment, and then, his body turns completely silver, and he starts slowly falling to the ground.

"BRANCH!"

I run over to his falling body, and I catch it before he hits the ground. I sit there for a moment, and then, I start crying, knowing that I never got the chance to apologize.