19.-your mother would be proud of you.

Start from the beginning

A light knock tapped the bedroom door, before someone entered, Jeremiah.

" Hey! " he smiled at the two, as Matilda wrapped her arms around Conrad's shoulders.

" Hey " the two greeted him back,

" Uh, Tilly, Mom wants to see you downstairs. " Jeremiah informed them,

" Alright cool! " Matilda nodded, as Jeremiah started to head off.

" Wait, not so fast bro. " Conrad called him back, making him turn around curiously. " what's this I hear about you and Belly? "

Jeremiah's eyes widened, " how did you know?- " he asked.

" Belly told me. " Matilda responded.
" and then Matilda told me. " Conrad added.

Jeremiah sighed, and nodded, " I know what you two must be thinking, but I've liked her for years now, I couldn't not take the chance. " he told them.

" Dude, you've got to raise your standards. " Conrad sighed, worried his brother was being used as a rebound, as Matilda gently swatted his chest.

" Just be careful , Jere. " Matilda told him.

Jeremiah nodded, " I will be. now, thanks for the talk I guess, but I've gotta put the tuxedos in the car. " he chuckled, as the two bid him goodbye.

"  I better go see your mom " Matilda sighed contently, kissing Conrad's cheek. " I don't want to keep her waiting. "

Conrad nodded, placing a hand over her hand that was on his shoulder, before letting go. " by the way, how are you getting to the deb ball? "

Matilda shrugged, " I think Laurel is taking me. "

Conrad nodded happily, " alright. If you need me to take you, you know I will. "

Matilda thanked him, placing a kiss on his lips, before heading downstairs.

Matilda headed into the lounge, as she shared a warm smile with Susannah who sat on the couch, with a box in her hand.

" Hey Suze! " Matilda smiled, perching on the couch, next to her.

" Hi sweet girl " Susannah beamed, gently caressing the girls face in a motherly manner, before letting go, " how are you feeling about today? " she asked her.

Matilda thought for a moment, before finally smiling, " excited, actually. "

Susannah chuckled, " so am I. "

Matilda smiled warmly , " I guess I'm scared I'll fall though-" she chuckled.

Susannah shook her head, interrupting her, " Connie won't let you fall, ever. "

Matilda pursed her lips as she smiled, " I know. "

Susannah sighed happily, drawing the focus of the conversation to the box. " this is for you. " she smiled excitedly, handing Matilda the box.

" Ooh, thank you! " Matilda giggled unsurely, as she took the box. Matilda opened the box, gently lifting up the layers of tissue paper, and inside was a tiara.

Matilda's jaw dropped, she was speechless.

" this was my tiara I wore when I was a deb. " Susannah explained,

Matilda looked up at her, tearing up slightly. " Susannah, thank you, so so much-" she stammered, in awe, and honour. " it's beautiful. "

" it will go perfectly with the necklace your mother left you. " Susannah pointed out.