"Right." James says, running a hand over his face. His eyes flicker between Circe and a spot in the wall as he debates his next words. "It's just, my date with Lily tomorrow. I need it to be perfect, I only have this one chance with her and if I blow it- I just can't."

Circe chuckles, amused by how nervous the usually confident boy is. He was never even this nervous when asking the girl out. "Okay?" She responds. "What do you want to know?"

"How do I make it perfect?" The boy pleads.

Sirius scoffs at the question. "You just need to lay the charm on thick. Flirt with her every chance you get and 'accidentally' brush your hand against hers a few times before grabbing it."

"Don't listen to him." The brunette insists, giving Sirius a dirty look. "You can plan it as much as you want but that won't account for every situation. Make a loose plan based on the places you know she likes, which will show her that you care, but take her anywhere she wants to go. Offer to pay for anything she wants, but don't overly insist or she may find it a little insulting."

Remus leans forward deciding to throw in his own two cents. "And compliment her, but don't go over the top. Tell her how nice she looks, just don't go on one of your long spiels about how perfect she is." Circe nods, showing that she agrees.

James nods, listening intently to his friend's advice. "Okay, got it."

The girl's face softens a little. "Look, I've never spoken to Lily before but anyone can see how head over heels you are for her. I think she'd be fool not to like you back."

"Circe-" The boy begins, his face lights up when he hears the rare kind words for him come out of her mouth.

The gentle look on her face disappears, a more teasing grin appearing. "Even if you are a troll."

"We were having a moment, I can't believe you ruined it." James pouts a little.

"Just speaking the facts." She tells him, kicking her legs up on the table, laughing at his expression.

He scowls at her. "I've had it up to here with you." His hands demonstrate how annoyed he is with her, before his face pales a little.

A shiver runs up Circe's spine as she feels a figure approach behind her. "That's it!" Madame Pince screams. "I want all of you out. Now!"

The four of them scramble to collect their things before dashing out of the library. "Merlin, that woman terrifies me." Sirius admits.

"Thanks a lot." Remus frowns, realising he'll have to find somewhere else to finish his work.

"Sorry pretty boy." Circe laughs, his sulky appearance makes him look adorable.

-

After another horrible vision, Circe finds herself wandering around the castle again in her animugus form. She'd fallen asleep quite early, especially for it being a Friday, because of how tired she has been over the past week. Which means that she has also woken up quite early on in the night. A few teachers are still walking around the castle and the prefects are still patrolling.

Of course, none of them take much notice of a small black cat walking around the castle. It isn't really much of an unusual sight. The building is still somewhat unfamiliar to Circe and on her almost nightly walk abouts she still seems to be finding new parts of the castle to explore.

She turns around a corner to find Filch, Hogwarts' caretaker, rooting through a broom cupboard. His cat, Mrs Norris, is sat loyally beside him. The cat's eyes focus on Circe as she tries to slip by the terrifying pair. She purrs and takes it upon herself to follow the animagus down the hall.