7 : jealousy is in the air

Start from the beginning

I observed Laila to notice how hardly she was glaring at Adam, It was as if her eyes were shooting daggers, filled with an intense fury.

The sheer intensity of her gaze made it seem like she could unleash her wrath and bring him down in an instant.

Why is she so angry?

I mean today Adam didn't even attempt to flirt with her. Instead, he greeted her with genuine cheerfulness, while she ignored him brutally.
i thought she would be pissed off with him because he would flirt with her but today he didn't and yet she seem so freaking mad?

"Whoa, you're really good at taking pictures!" Ayezah exclaimed bringing me out of my trance.

I looked at her to see her smile lighting up her face as she looked at the phone screen.

I quickly pulled out my phone and checked the picture I had taken of Ayezah's steak earlier.

It was a bit blurry, but heyy blurry pictures are trendy these days as they give off those cool, aesthetic vibes everyone is into.

"I know right! I'm totally awesome." Adam chimed in, leaning a little low and jutting out one of his shoulder blade towards Ayezah as if telling her to pat his back.

How childish! I scoff internally.

Ayezah chuckled and shook her head. She then raised her hand and patted his back gently, still giggling.

Ha! she really didn't had to!

I bit my inner cheek, feeling my frustration reach its limit.

Oh god! What's up with me today? Why am i feeling so riled up suddenly?

what's this weird feeling I'm getting?

Laila suddenly banged her palm on the kitchen slab, making their laughter to come at an abrupt halt and capturing both of their attention.

"If you two are done, then let's get to the tasting and judging. I want to go home!" she exclaimed, her tone as cold as ice.

Ayezah seemed taken aback by the sudden change in Laila's demeanor.

" Ah sorry Ayezi.. I mean since when are you into clicking pictures of food and posting on social media? " She completed sounding frustrated and sulky.

"It's just that I wanted a perfect picture because Rahil's plating is so impeccable. I've never seen such a beautifully arranged and delicious-looking steak in my life." Ayezah explained.

" Also about social media, I just want to brag about my perfect husband's cooking skills, so yeaa! " She shrugged and suddenly looked at me smiling widely.

My heart beat raced to an abnormal level as I gazed deeply into her eyes. Her words stir something in me.

"My perfect husband"

She thinks I'm perfect?

She gazed at me with the sweetest smile, and I couldn't help but smile back at her, feeling a rush of warmth spreading at the back of my neck.