Chapter 10: Valuable

Bắt đầu từ đầu

''It means exactly what you think. I decline your deal. That is all'' 

Overhaul visibly tensed, his eyes closing for a few seconds, before opening them, his hands relaxing.

''Why?'' was all he asked. Giran sighed, putting out the cigarette, straightening himself a little.

''Simple. A conflict of interests, Mr. Overhaul. Now, if there's nothing else you need, the door is behind you. I have some important matters to attend to myself'' 

Seeing that the man made up his mind, Overhaul, after a bit of thought, left without saying anything.

Could he make Giran agree with force? To be honest, the leader didn't think torture would work on this man. From his calm posture all the way through their dialogue, he didn't fear for his life a single second.

He wouldn't agree.

As the man made his way towards the exit, only one thing surged in his mind.

How is he gonna find them now?

---

Giran sat in his office, the clock on the wall ticking as he waited for the steps in the hallway to disappear.

'The leader of Shie Hassaikai lost something that valuable, huh?' he looked over the notes he took of their descriptions.

'That might be interesting, considering the circumstances...' he scratched his chin in thought.

He didn't lie when he said that he had never heard of such a...weird group, chuckling on the idea that someone like that stole something from the Overhaul himself.

Pulling out his phone, he sent a text and soon after, a purple vortex appeared in his room. Standing up, putting the phone into his pocket with the note as well, he marched into it, appearing in a familiar bar.

''Why is that one description so detailed?''

---

Shigaraki was in a bad mood ever since the first meeting with Overhaul. Loosing Magne and getting Mr. Compress' arm amputated was not on his To Do List, and it only made more problems for him to worry about. Though he wanted to get back at him, the possibility of working with Overhaul was still in the back of his mind.

Mad or not, that man had a plan; something Shigaraki currently lacked. But there was no way he would stoop so low as to work under another organisation.

Glaring into the liquid in the glass in his hand as the three ice cubes slowly melted, a set of footsteps and the smell of smoke hit his senses. Noticing Kurogiri, who was standing behind the bar nod towards the newcomer, he just glanced up as the man sat down next to him, the itching on his neck momentarily worsening as he scratched the dry spot for what felt like the 100th time today.

''Still in a sour mood?'' Giran breathed out smoke from his newly-lit cigarette, slouching on the bar stool as Kurogiri gave him his usual. Shigaraki didn't respond, but his hold on the glass tightened, only leaving the pinkie in the air so his drink wouldn't turn into a dusty mess.

''I might have something to lift your spirits''

That caught the mans interest, his red eyes staring up at the broker, muttering a raspy ''what''. Giran took another puff of the cigarette, taking the glass into his hand and glancing into his own reflection.

''Overhaul seeked me out a few hours ago''

''What?!''

Shigarakis glass turned into ash, but he hardly batted an eye as his hand flew up to scratch the itching that again got worse.