Chapter 12 - Beach Day

Start from the beginning

"Leah!" yelled Cameryn, "you can't just go around telling people I'm moving."

"Sorry, just thought that the girl you were staring at for 90 minutes straight might want to know," continued Leah.

Cameryn's face flushed as she returned her attention to Kyra. "Well yes, I'm meant to be coming to Arsenal, I got my formal offer this morning from my agent and I've already decided to take it."

Kyra smiled and blushed too, "I'm glad to have someone closer to my age around, the rest of them are old," she said gesturing to Leah and Steph, with both of them looking shocked.

"Yeah, it'll be fun. Do you wanna go for a swim?" asked Cameryn wanting to get away from the overly observant Leah.

"Yes sure," Kyra responded jumping up from her towel.

"Where are you going?" asked Leah.

"For a swim," responded Cam.

"We'll come," continued Leah referencing herself and Steph.

"No," fired back Kyra and the two older players sat back down.

Cameryn gave Leah a wink insinuating that she was following through with what they had discussed earlier about herself and Kyra. Leah nodded in response and laid down on her towel to continue chatting to Steph.

Kyra pranced down to the water with Cameryn walking slowly behind her. "You're bloody slow," called Kyra over her shoulder as she bounded into the water.

Cameryn was smiling at the ground, so excited to see what this emotion she was feeling would be like when they were at the club together. Cameryn finally made it to the water and splashed the other brunette, which ultimately resulted in a wave being sent back.

"So, why do you want to come to Arsenal?" asked Kyra as she ducked under a wave. Her wet hair fell across her face just revealing her eyes to Cameryn.

"Uhh, well it was my dad's favourite team. I made a promise that I would play there with his name on my back so I'm fulfilling my promise. It's also a great team, and you and Leah are there, so there's a number of positives," replied Cameryn.

Kyra smirked to herself and her cheeks went a light pink tone. She reminisced on the game that was a mere few days ago, thinking about how she reacted when Mini flattened the poor English girl. Why did she panic so much at that moment?

"Do you wanna go for a walk along the boardwalk?" asked Kyra pointing up the beach to the nice wooden boardwalk.

Cameryn nodded and made her way up the beach to grab her towel and shoes. She chucked on her Nike slides and denim shorts before heading towards the path. Kyra followed closely behind after putting on a white button-up shirt, similar to Leah's. Her hair was still damp causing it to go curly at the ends.

"We should get ice cream," suggested Cameryn as she saw the ice cream parlour up ahead. 

"Yeah, we can, it's on me though," spoke Kyra.

Cameryn agreed, "This is the exact same thing that happened when I first met Leah, we went and got ice cream and she insisted on paying. No matter how much I argued she kept insisting so I'm not going to argue with you."

"Haha smart choice," replied Kyra. They both ordered their ice creams and walked over to the railing to look out at the water.

"It's pretty, isn't it," said Kyra as she eyed off the horizon, the crashing waves washing white water onto the sand in front of them.

"Yeah, it is," replied Cameryn, "I could stare at it for hours".

The girls stood leaning against the rail watching the waves on the horizon, the occasional boat that would pass or the crazy teenagers on jet skis.