Chapter 9 - The Spain Game

Cameryn woke up first noticing that she was wrapped up in Leah's arms the same way as last night. She still had a firm grip on Leah's Arsenal jersey, twisting her fingers into the shirt's material. Cam's head was tucked right into the crook of Leah's neck lying in the warmth of her body. She shut her eyes and immediately began to drift back off to sleep until the alarm went off. Leah jolted herself awake but kept a tight grip on Cam.

"It's just the alarm, Leah," Cameryn said hoping to calm the startled Leah. Cam reached up and over Leah to turn the alarm off which caused the peaceful silence to return to the room followed by Cameryn settling herself back down into Leah's arms.

"Good morning, Le," Cameryn said looking up at the blonde.

"Good morning to you too Cam."

"Are you ready for your first game?" Leah asked. It was the third day in Barcelona for the team. The first day was travel, the second was training and recovery with today finally being game day.

"I'm terrified Le," Cam responded whilst tucking her head back into Leah. "I don't even know if I'm going to get game time today, but I'm still terrified."

"You have nothing to be worried about," replied Leah as she ran her fingers through Cam's hair. "I'll be by your side on the bench and I'll be watching you during the game if you go on. But right now you need to get up and head to breakfast."

Breakfast went by quickly and the girls went down to take some quick ice baths before the bus trip to the stadium. Cameryn stripped down to her shorts and sports bra and slipped into the ice bath shivering as her skin touched the cold water.

Leah did the same but slipped a hoodie over her sports bra before climbing in. The hoodie sat hitched up to just under her sports bra revealing her toned stomach.

"Ooo it's cold," she said to Cam as she settled into the water.

"Hey! You've got a hoodie on and everything, you can't complain that it's cold," responded Cameryn.

"You can have it if you want?" Leah said as she began to slide the hoodie over her head.

"No no, it's yours, I won't be in for long anyway." Cameryn moved over to stand closer to Leah, hoping to absorb some of the blonde's body heat.

Leah threw an arm over Cam's shoulders pulling in, then proceeded to lean her weight back on the ledge causing Cam to fall. Thankfully, Leah caught her before she fell too far pulling her in by the hips. They were face-to-face now, with Leah's hands still placed on Cameryn's hips holding her firmly. The girls remained staring into each other's eyes that little bit too long to be, 'just friends'. They forgot about what once was a room of people behind them until someone cleared their throat a little too obviously.

"Umm guys," Beth said after she cleared her throat with all her strength. Leah immediately threw Cameryn off of her. Leah scanned the room to realise Beth was the only one still in the ice bath with them, which allowed the pair to relax marginally. "Do you guys want to explain what just happened there or not?" asked Beth.

"I don't know what just happened there," responded Leah while Cameryn quickly scurried out of the pool, grabbing her towel and heading up to their room.

"Well clearly she's not confident in it either," confirmed Beth due to Cameryn's actions.

"Yeah, we've spoken about it before, we don't have feelings for each other. Well at the moment we don't."

"Leah, what I saw just then wasn't no feelings, it was confused feelings. Talk to her about it, and tell her that I'm not going to tell anyone, except for maybe Viv."