Rhaegar Targaryen

Character name: Emaria Martell

Rhaegar sat slouched on a chair sipping his wine. Today was the day he had been dreading, today he would meet his wife.

Emaria sat in a carriage with a pout on her face, looking at the green grass and cloudy skies from the slim window. Her brother Oberyn sitting across from her, watching the unhappy bride to be.

"We approach kings landing, you better remove the pout sister" Oberyn with an amused smile said breaking the silence.

"Or I could make a run for it as we stop" the unamused girl looks at her brother with a glare "I'm sure the prince wouldn't mind... I hear he also detested our match"

Oberyn sighs, all journey he has heard her whine about Rhaegar. "Well father and Aerys Targaryen struck a deal, you and Rhaegar are apart of that deal... I honestly don't see the problem, you wanted to be married so you may have children, father found you a man worthy of you and to give you beautiful tan, blonde and violet eyed children and yet you continue to whine about it" Emaria's glare softens.

"I intended for a man in Dorne, not some arrogant fool from kings landing... and yes I suppose the children would be great beauties but... I wanted love and hearing of the fuss he has caused when he found out about our betrothal proves I will have none, I will be alone with any children I have and no family to support me." Emaria tears up at the thought of being a snake in a dragons pit, however will she survive.

"Emaria listen, he will take one look at your pretty face and your entrancing figure and you won't be able to get rid of him... this I swear." Oberyn had moved beside his sister to wrap his arm around her in comfort.

Emaria now with a blush and a slight smile asks "is he at least handsome" Oberyn chuckles "yes... compared to me definitely not" the siblings laugh and Emaria calms herself a bit.

Soon after the carriage comes to a hault. Oberyn grips his sister hand with a gentle squeeze of comfort. "Let's show them how Dorne arrives to a celebration" the siblings smirk and exit the carriage with the cheers from the crowd swarming their senses.

Oberyn hold his arm out for his sister to take. Emaria with a nervous but beautiful smile links her arm with Oberyns as he guides her down some paths until they see the great castle doors.

Outside those doors stood king Aerys in the centre. At his side stood his wife Queen Rhaella and at her side peaking round her purple dress was a small boy.

"That is the prince Viserys" Oberyn whispered "I do not see Rhaegar... he must be the one to collect you from me" Oberyn sighs at the let down of the prince.

Suddenly the doors to the keep where pulled open and out came a tall slim man with shoulder length blonde hair, bright violet eyes and dressed in tight black fitting clothes.

He walks down the centre earning a glare from the king. Rhaegar stops finally meeting the eyes of his soon to be wife.

He slowly starts walking again until he stood right infront of them. Oberyn takes Emarias hand and holds it out for Rhaegar.

Rhaegar takes the Princess of Dornes hand and kisses it. With a gasp from the princess at the affection, Rhaegar smirked.

"Princess Emaria Martell of Dorne, I am Prince Rhaegar of house Targaryen" he bows before her, his hand not letting go of hers.

She follows suit curtseying before her betrothed. The pair stand again and this time with big smiles gracing their faces.

Rhaegar turn to stand by her side and guides her as Oberyn did into the castle to a private office followed by Oberyn and the Targaryens.

Aerys gives Emaria a quick welcome before quickly exiting the company. Rhaella smiles at the pair "it's lovely to have you here, darling. If you need anything all you must do is ask" the woman smiles kindly. Emaria nods "thank you my Queen you are most gracious"

Out pops Prince Viserys from behind his mother with a rose at his side. He slowly approaches his brother and soon to be sister by law.

"Here Princess a gift from me" he holds the rose out and Emaria with a bright smile lowers herself to the princes height "thank you prince Viserys" she gives the shy boy a kiss on the cheek and with a shy smile he retreats back to his mother.

The remaining Targaryens and Oberyn exit the room Oberyn winking at his sister before shutting the doors.

"Well princess, I must admit I was disappointed to be married off but I never imagined it would be to a beautiful flower such as yourself" Rhaegar guides them to sit by the not lit fire, sitting across from one another.

"I am not a Tyrell... I prefer Viper" Emaria smirks hoping the prince understood her humour.

With a small chuckle Rhaegar said "well my beautiful Viper, I shall have many sleepless nights thinking of you."

"As I shall you, my dragon" the couple have cheeky smiles as Rhaegar took her from the chamber.

"I shall show you your bed chambers" Rhaegar takes her down a few corridor before stopping at a set of doors "here we are and so my Viper is not offended I shall stop here and let her settle in" Rhaegar bows giving one last kiss to her hand.

"Why thank you my dragon" she opens the door enough to slip in and turn to face him. "I shall see you tonight for the festivities" Emaria shuts the door placing her back against the now shut doors of her new chambers.

Rhaegar does the same on the other side.

All the pair can thing of is eachother and the union they will share.