The moon

꧁ 30 ꧂

꧁ 30 ꧂

"But I think it's even more beautiful when we're together"

After the race, Shadow and Joe somehow convinced Cherry to go out drinking. Reki and Langa left together too, which left Miya and y/n.

Originally, Cherry had told his niece to go home and get some sleep, but this instruction went ignored by the girl who just pocketed the house keys and instead dragged Miya off to the beach near the skate ramp.

Miya stared out at the dark sea, the overwhelming scent of the salt making him slightly dizzy as wisps of sea mist rustled through his hair. Next to him, the small girl had ridded herself of her shoes, chucking them off into the golden sand.

She stood up excitedly and ran into the ocean, shocking the boy.

"What are you doing? You're going to catch a cold! It's freezing!" The boy yelled out to her, slowly jogging towards the waters edge.

She turned to him with a wide grin and wind-bitten cheeks. "Don't be a killjoy, Miya!"

He knew he couldn't say no to her. So in pursuit he followed her actions and entered the icy water, teeth chattering at the sensation.

"Cold?" She asked, she herself shivering.

"What do you think?" He retorted, pushing her back with a finger to her forehead and watxhing as she stumbled back slightly.

The water splashed around her knees, as she treaded back to him, staring out at the moon. It shone a warm light that danced delicately on the reflection of the deep blue below.

A sudden, small wave pushed her back slightly into the boy's arms. He placed one around her waist and one at the small of her back.

It was silent as they stared into each other's eyes. The only sounds being the white noise of rippling waves as they basked in the moonlight.

"You know, your eyes are really pretty." She broke the silence, staring into the emerald that looked her way with a grin.

His lips upturned. "Funny, I was thinking the same thing about yours."

Her lips parted slightly, and her face looked as innocent as a kitten. "Really?" She leant her head to one side like a puppy.

He nodded and coughed in attempt to gain confidence. "I've thought that for a while actually."

Her cheeks grew warm and she quickly looked back out to the moon, palms still resting against his chest.

Miya took in the scenario. His internal thoughts were screaming at him to do something. To say something.

"T- The moon is beautiful... isn't it?" He was hesitant with his words as he stared out at the glow.

Y/n's heartbeat quickened, chest feeling tight. She looked up at him with wide eyes and pink cheeks.

"It is. But I think it's even more beautiful when we're together." She whispered back hesitantly.

Miya was now lost. He had no idea what to do. Did she know what that meant? Maybe she just thought the moon looked pretty. Maybe-

"A- Are you-"

He was cut off with a splash of water to the face and was met with a smiling face.

"I like you too, stupid."

A/n:
I'm feeling productive if you can't tell. Books almost finished after so many years damn it's taken me a while.