Snap out of it

꧁ 29 ꧂

꧁ 29 ꧂

"TONIGHT IM GONNA DRINK UNTIL I PUKE!"

Y/n couldn't watch, she turned away tucking her head into Miya's shoulder, the boy placing a hand on hers as he too had to close atleast one eye. But, sudden cheers, brought their attention back to the screen.

"NO WAY HE'S SKATING DOWN A CLIFF!"
"SNOW YOU'RE THE MAN!"

"That dude's something else" Joe muttered.
"Simply unpredictable," Cherry finished.

Langa's descent brought him back onto the course. It was obvious now that he was no longer in the zone. He grabbed Adam's hand and brought him too out of it.

"STOP! How dare you drag me back into an insignificant world!" Adam growled.

"I want to help you. This is not what skating is about, let me show you how fun skating can be ." Langa spoke calmly. Like snow.
"I've learnt that skating builds bonds that don't break," he carried on. "It's not worth having a board without friends by your side."

Adam laughed. "Please. Friends only exist to teach you about betrayal" "You want to beleive in your idea of what a relationship should be. Because you're an ignorant child!"

"Then I guess you must be a child too."

Adam turned to face the boy, still travelling at top speed. "Please explain."

"You want a friend to skate with."

Adam had a sour expression. " I have long since rid myself of insignificant dreams!"

"Then why do you keep insisting on taking me with you?"

Adam paused for a moment. Letting the thoughts in his head form a sentence that would make at least partial sense.

"You desire something real," Langa continued. "You're tired of being alone."

"SHUT UP!!" Adam flew towards Langa, pulling his shoulder back and throwing a fist at the blue-haired boy, only for him to catch his fist and throw him away.

"QUIT TRYING TO CONFUSE ME! Nobody knows what I want or how I feel!"

Once again Adam brought up his board and prepared to swing, except this time, it looked a lot more dangerous.

"LANGA!"
Miya and y/n held onto each other's hand in perseverance. Reki balling his fists in front of him.

Langa jumped into the air, bringing his board in front of him to protect himself. But the sheer force of the attack brought both of them to heaps on the hard stone floor, bruises now littering their pale complexions. They lay still.

"It doesn't look like they're moving." Someone in the crowd began.
"Do you think they're okay?"

Miya and y/n quickly turned around in preparation to speed off.

"Hold it."
They halted.

"We have to help!" Miya argued.
"We're no use at the sidelines, Reki!" Y/n added.

Reki didn't face them. "He'll get back up. I'm sure of it."

Just as he had predicted, Langa began to move. Shortly followed by Adam.

"STAND UP!" Shadow and Joe spoke in unison.
"Stand up and teach that fool a lesson!" Cherry seethed.

Langa slowly stood up, delicately picking up his board and approaching Adam with an outstretched hand. "You ready?"

He smiled down on him with pure innocence, a rosy smile painting his pale skin. Adam stared up at him, unsure of himself. Langa sensed this and spoke up once more. "It's no fun to do all by yourself.."

Adam's headpiece fell off at his words. His evidently shocked face now revealed to the teenager before him. Langa offered him his board. As the crowd burst into gossip.

They skated together. Still racing, but it was different this time. There was no forceful aggression, no sick tricks and no harsh words. They were skating together. Peacefully. Like snow.

"Those are some clutch moves. I'm impressed," Shadow mused.

"They're way too reckless. But-" Miya began.
"It looks like so much fun!" Reki finished.

Suddenly, however, Adam grew angry once more. "Damn it! This is a waste of time!!" "You want to enjoy yourself? That won't change your life! If you don't win, you will cease to exist! You won't be loved! I will win! Watch me!"

"ADAM PULLED IN FRONT!"
"SNOW ARE YOU EVEN AWAKE?!"

Cherry laughed to himself. "Come on! When are you going to take this seriously Adam?"
"Give it up already I'm bored!" Joe joined in.

The pair were quickly approaching the finish line and the crowd grew more and more tense and excited.

Reki took off, making sure he would read the finish line to watch the winner in person.

"LANGA!"

The two skaters were neck and neck, but finally, Langa crossed the line first. He approached Reki at high speed and launched himself onto Reki in an embrace.

The group burst into cheers, Miya picking up the girl beside him and spinning her around as Shadow began to shake Cherry's shoulders.

"Reki? Who won. You can be honest." The blue haired boy questioned.

"Don't be an idiot, Langa. It was you! You won, bro! And it was awesome!"

"Talk about an epic finale!" Joe chuckled, as the rest of the group approached the boys. "You've got a gift, so don't ever sell yourself short."

"I think you might be my hero after pulling that off!" Y/n giggled, diving into Langa's chest for a congratulating embrace.

"TONIGHT IM GOING TO DRINK UNTIL I PUKE!" Shadow bellowed.

Everyone quickly joined the girl in a group hug, Langa being left no room to move.

A/n:
I absolutely hate this chapter cuz it's like all dialogue