Chapter 18: Catch Me If You Can

Start from the beginning

Jeremy: [holding up the bow] I'm not calling anything off, mate.

Kol: [takes a step backwards] Well I could kill you. But then, I'd have to deal with the hunter's curse. And I, I don't particularly feel like being haunted for the next century.

Ash: I have a better idea. Let's just rip his arms off.

Kol: [Points at Ash] You know I missed you sister.

[Ash and Kol rush at Jeremy, but Damon rams Ash into the wall and head-butts Kol. They fight.]

Damon: Jeremy, run!

[Jeremy flees, and Damon continues to hit Kol and Ash. Ash catches Damon's hand and puts him in a headlock, she then snaps his neck.]

GILBERT RESIDENCE

[Elena's cell phone rings; she answers it.]

Elena: Jeremy?

Jeremy: (On the phone.) Elena, we're in trouble.

Elena: Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. Where's Damon?

Jeremy: Listen to me. Kol attacked us. I barely got away, but he has Damon.

KLAUS' FAMILY MANSION

[Klaus is sitting on a sofa in his living room in front of a lit fireplace. Elena is sitting on the other sofa opposite him.]

Klaus: A bit ironic, you coming to me for help to fight my wife. Weren't your friends just trying to bury me in a cement tomb?

Elena: This is your fault. You started this when you forced Jeremy to kill those vampires.

Klaus: And now my little brat of a brother and my angry wife has gone and made things worse. Well, they never did like Damon. I suppose I should do something, shouldn't I?

Elena: Call them off, Klaus.

Klaus: You are in no position to make demands, love. Whilst I'd like to cure you to make more hybrids, I do have other reasons for finding the cure, not the least of which is destroying it so you can't use it against me.

Elena: Whatever our differences, we want the same thing. Please, Klaus, I'm begging you.

[Klaus smiles at her then rolls his eyes as he gets out his cell phone. He calls Ash who is still in the back storage room at the bar.]

Klaus: Hello Love. Just a day home, and I'm told you've already gone and made a mess.

Ash: Come on, Nik. I was only having some fun.

Klaus: Those vampires Kol killed were for my hunter.

Ash: I'll make some more. There's no shortage of people. Plus I'm still angry at you, remember?

Klaus: Where's Damon Salvatore?

Ash: We gave him a good and proper beating just for old time's sake.

Klaus: Yes. Well, you've had your fun. Now let him go and come home so I can apologise properly.

[Kol takes the phone off Ash.]

Kol: Hello dear brother. Did you miss me?

Klaus: Kol you better listen to me. Avoid any more trouble, or you'll find yourself back in a box.

Kol: Hey. No need to be nasty about it.

Klaus: On the contrary, I find nastiness to be essential whenever my siblings try to sabotage me. Listen closely, Kol. Stay away from the Gilbert boy. You understand?