🥭Author's Note 🥭

. . . . . ╰──╮ Devil of the Spire - ONC 2024 ╭──╯ . . . . .

Main Prompt:

ONC Prompt #25: "Soulmates are real and dangerous. They hold the power to bring you back from the brink of death or tear your soul in half. And a devil with no heart is the soulmate that awaits you."

Side Prompts:

ONC Prompt #33: "A broken heart beats with all its pieces. And it still wants the same person."

ONC Prompt #38: "I hate you so much, I can't even bring myself to kill you."

. . . . . ╰──╮AUTHOR'S NOTE ╭──╯ . . . . .

February: It's a very loose retelling of Hades and Persephone, minus the kidnapping from some of the story's variations. We will be doing something a little different in this story.

 This is my VERY first ONC to join, and I am beyond excited. Here's to hoping to crank out some awesome chapters. More to come regarding the characters, playlist, and more! I'm excited to see you all in the upcoming chapters. Let's go!

April 20, 2024: I am beyond excited to share the news with you that my very first ONC, ever, has officially been announced as one of the Ambassador Picks for Round 2. Never thought I would make it this far, but here we are! Thank you so much to the ONC judges for all of your hard work. It hasn't been an easy contest for y'all.

. . . . . ╰──╮Things You Should Know ╭──╯ . . . . .

Allow me to introduce you to the world.

Ettheim

A world vastly different from our own, where magic is plentiful, and the One keeps a distant watch on the things happening on this planet. Elves, orcs, goblins, and many other races create a diverse and rich culture on this planet. Threats loom in the shape of dragons, giants, and other vile creatures. 

Soulmates

It is an extremely rare, almost legendary notion of two people bound by destiny, predetermined by the stars themselves. It is said they are identifiable in two categories:

The Starbound: This soulmate will have starlit hair and eyes the color of the sky. They have an innate ability to see the memories of their partner upon touching them. It is their way of bonding, exchanging a memory for a memory.

The Abyssals: This soulmate will have eyes the color of a black hole and hair as dark as space itself. They have the ability to see things no other mortal can, conversing with beings from other planes. It is their way of protecting their partner. 

Because of their abilities, they pose a threat to each other if, by some misfortune, they try to oppose their destiny.