BAKIT NGA BA MAHAL KITA?

Bea POV

Hi I'm Bea de Leon and this is my story.

I still remember the first time I saw her. Medyo I have a thing for morenas kasi. We had a game in college against UST and I had a glimpse of their new middle blocker. Tipong mapapakanta ka na lang ng Filipina Girl ni Billy Crawford. She is the epitome of filipina beauty, tanned and beautiful pero matangkad. I remember blocking her left handed hit and oh boy I couldn't help but get hyped by that to the point na medyo naangasan na ata siya sakin, I saw that hint of being pissed in her face. Though it's really part of my personality din naman and it helps hype me and the team whenever I celebrate a point for Ateneo.

Years passed and though I still notice her every game I guess you get distracted along the way that the attraction tends to dissipate. Not until we faced each other again in the finals of my last playing year.

I was so confident in my B quick, slowly bumabalik na kasi yung connection namin ni Deanna then on my way down I saw Caitlin skying to deny what I thought would be a clean hit. But as my feet landed on the floor, the ball came down hard beside me as well. And we lost that crucial point. And all I can see was that smirk on her face. Game on then. I did my very best to rally the team in Game 1 but we fell short.

Ewan ko anong sumapi sa akin that during the shaking of hands I held her hand tight and pulled her close and whispered, "I'm not done yet."

To my surprise she smiled and spat back. "See you next game."

I huddled the team in the middle of the court trying my best to pull their spirits up as we are still in the competition. We can still mount a comeback. It is not over until it's over.

The rest of the finals had been tight but we were finally able to capture that elusive championship trophy, I was even named as finals MVP. It was a good way to end my term in Ateneo and onto a new chapter in my career. I celebrated with my friends and family. On my way to the dugout I saw Caitlin with tears in her eyes. I was contemplating on approaching her but as I was about to make my way to her, a guy came to her and she buried her face in his chest and sobbed. I know we won but at that moment I couldn't shrug off this crushing pain that is forming on my chest that made me feel as if I lost.

I attended a meeting with coach O and Rebisco management. Mr. Alan Acero approched me. "Bea you will be reunited with your Ateneo teammates I'm sure madali na sa inyo yung team chemistry but I decided to add someone to boost the opposite arsenal of the team. Galing din siyang UAAP sayo ko ipagkakatiwala ang paggabay sa kanya. You got this." We walked towards a girl of tall stature din who was currently busy chatting with Ms. Liz. Mr. Alan called her attention and I was shocked when she turned around.

"Caitlin Viray welcome to the team, this is Choco Mucho's team captain Bea de Leon. She will be acquianting and guiding you." She held out her hand but I was just staring at her for a long while. When Mr. Alan tapped me in the shoulder. "Bea baka matunaw."

"Oh sorry." I scratched my head and quickly took her hand to shake. "Welcome Cait wag kang mahiya sakin at sa team."

"By the way Sir Alan I would go ahead na to prepare for an endorsement shoot if it's okay." He told me to go ahead and she chimed in as well.

"Sir sabay na ako sa kanya on the way out thank you."

She walked beside me and snickered. "Uy baka nahihiya ka mukhang palabiro lang si sir."

I gave her the look and replied. "Don't worry I don't mind." And it was quite a long silent walk to our cars.

At pag minamalas ka nga naman nagpandemic pa and I became her roommate. Could things get any worse?

Nightly video calls kahit patulog ka na. She got so many things that she is almost taking up my space. And worst of all gets up at odd times in the evening to go to the bathroom. I even lost count of how many times she goes there in the middle of the night, dragging her feet along. Such an annoyance.

I was on my way out when someone called my name. "Bei ice cream gusto mo?" She was munching down on a tub of ice cream not minding she smeared her face with it.

"Uhm no thanks but you got something on your face."

"Huh asan?" She kept rubbing her face in all the wrong places that I have no choice but to wipe it off near her lips.

"There done." But when I looked at her I got lost in her pool of browns. They are quite beautiful and she is too. I mean I've known that for a long time. Then I noticed her eyes look somewhat swollen. Did she cry all day?

Panicking at my thoughts and action I immediately spat, "I gotta go." She was left dumbfounded by my sudden departure.

===============================================

AN: This is also a multichapter fic. Just giving a glimpse. Initially this was entitled TOTGA but after I saw Bea's bakit nga ba mahal kita clip and si Denden with her pasmadong bibig. I decided to change the title. This one is written early 2023 in my post breakup era so this is bound to be an angsty fic if ever it pushes through. But to be frank writing about Caitbea in chocomucho gives a heartbroken feeling too. CMFT just lost a good leader. I hope Bea doesn't lose her celebratory swag in CCS, that is one of her entertaining antics for me.

CAITBEA SPUR OF THE MOMENT ONESHOTSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें