Chapter Six

Going into Medusa house was a bad idea as expected.

Right now, you are hiding in a basement filled with statues of Medusa's victims.

"We are not our parents, until we choose to be. You three have chosen."

You roll your eyes at the voice of Medusa while feeling the fear running through your veins.

Fortunately, you have the music box with you, as you slowly pull it out from your bag.

The snake's hissing gets louder.

"A daughter of a self-righteous mother, who chose self-righteousness for herself."

Her words is directed towards Annabeth who is also hiding.

"Calista was manipulated so many times even though I warned her, yet she never listens"

Medusa begins to slowly approach where Percy is hiding.

"And you, you could have shown your father what it means to stand up for someone you love."

Medusa grins as she sees the shining gleam of Percy's sword.

"You could choose to save your mother instead of doing your father’s bidding. If neither of you will help teach these lessons, perhaps you should be the lessons. When I ship your statues to Olympus..."

"maybe that will get my point across even better. Stand up. Let’s have a look at you"

You turn on your music box as Percy stands up from his hiding place, holding his sword with closed eyes.

"Medusa"

You exclaim loudly, also getting out from your hiding spot, having her attention on you, the melody begins playing.

She hisses clutching her ears.

Which gives Annabeth the chance to place the hiding cap on Medusa's head.

Once Medusa disappears, Percy swings his swords cutting her head off.

Grover comes back, landing on the ground.

You just stand here, not doing anything.

All you could feel is conscious, as you try to keep yourself awake.

°°°

Percy kills the fury waiting outside using Medusa's head, before returning back inside.

You stand beside Grover as he stares at his the statue of his uncle.

"Is that your uncle Uncle Ferdinand?" you ask softly, trying not to fall as your legs weaken.

"Grover, I'm so sorry"

Thinks become so bad that you begin to not realize that Percy and Annabeth are arguing.

You can nearly hear their argument.

"You could have saved your mother. That’s what she said to you, like you discussed it already."

"Okay, while we’re at it, 'You should have accepted my offer?' What’s that about do you think?"

You place your hands on your head and bend down, trying to get rid of the rising pain.

"ENOUGH!"

"You’ve been fighting with her, you’ve been fighting with me."