Moving in

"What are you doing?" Bucky was standing on the shared balcony he had with Steve and Sam. Steve was sitting outside drinking a bottle of beer, it was leaving a bitter taste in his mouth. It didn't do anything for him, but it was helping his recollection of the mysterious woman he met tonight. You. He reminisced the sparkle in your eyes as you looked around in wonder, to your rosebud lips... to the curves of your hips and ass. It was going to be hard working with you when you were exactly his type. "Are you thinking about Y/N?" Bucky teased. "I saw the way you were watching her," he added.
"I was just trying to figure out if it's the damsel in distress appeal, or the fact that she acted like she wasn't even scared," Steve hummed to himself.

"I don't think she was a damsel in distress really. I think we just hit her on a bad night and at the end of a very bad relationship she had been trying to exit for a while" Bucky sat down next to him at the dark blue patio set. He took one of Steve's spare beers and cracked it open before taking a long swig. "I'm still pissed we can't get drunk, except on that mead Thor and Loki have" he sighed.
"I don't think anyone was expecting a pet racoon," Steve chuckled, remembering your face vividly as you looked at the little rascal with a look of love and adoration in your eyes.
"No, but Nat seems to like her already," Bucky shook his head. "So do you!" he added with a smirk that usually had the ladies panting over him.
"I just want to get to know her," Steve conceded, licking his lips.
"I'm sure you will pal. Tony plans on having her work close with the team. Besides, she will be living right downstairs in her own 800 square foot apartment" he pointed out.
"Tony always says go big or go home" Steve chuckled looking back at his own apartment which was a bit bigger than the other employee rooms. The Avengers staff had two bedrooms in their suites, large bathrooms, small kitchenettes and a large living room. Steve had mostly art supplies filling his suite and paintings set to the side on the wall since he had done it mostly as a hobby and didn't feel comfortable giving away his work. Bucky had a few pieces, as did Sam. It was mainly because they came in and announced they were taking them when he was done with them. Steve used his second bedroom as an office for when he was reviewing mission material on the evenings or weekends when he was home.
Bucky's suite was mainly just books and large comfortable furniture. He didn't use his second room, so Steve used it to store some of his paintings there too. Bucky didn't mind at all. It just meant once in a while the paintings on his wall would switch up for one that was in storage.
Sam's room on the other hand was where they would go to hang out. He had a large flat screen TV, video game consoles, and comfortable furniture as well. It was always crisp and clean. He also had a few bookshelves that were full of books, as well as awards and accolades. He had some pictures on the walls of his family that he was proud of. Steve silently wondered where his other friend was tonight, but it had been an eventful evening.
Bucky kicked back a little in his chair and took out his phone and started typing into it. "What's her last name again?" he asked.
"Y/L/N" Steve said automatically.
"Hmm" Bucky hummed.
"What is it?" Steve asked curiously.
"Found her facebook and Instagram" he gave a proud smile. "Her facebook friends list is pretty small. Looks like she plays things close to the chest. Her Instagram has a bunch of pictures from around the city at night, and of that raccoon of hers."
"Let me see" Steve held out his hand and Bucky surrendered his phone automatically. "She's got a good eye" he said as he scrolled through your Instagram pictures. Your Facebook was locked up pretty tight with only a few photos visible. Your status was single, and he smiled seeing that. "She's got quite a few followers," Steve said in surprise.
"It's not everyday you meet someone with a domesticated raccoon as a pet," Bucky chuckled. "You should just look her up on your phone" Bucky stole his phone back. Steve flushed a bit and nodded, taking out his own cell phone and opening his Instagram and looked you up. He found himself mindlessly scrolling, looking at every single picture and video you had posted, taking a sip of his beer once in a while. There weren't many, but there were a few photos of you. You with Tibbs, or what he assumed to be your family. He nearly hit the follow button, but came up short. His own account was private, and for good reason. There were quite a few Avenger fan girls out there, and he had been stalked a few times. He preferred to stay out of the limelight. Tony did his best to accommodate that.
Steve sat with his best friend until the sun had set, both of them sharing quiet conversation, but Steve's eyes were glued to his phone as he continued scrolling and looking at everything he could find out about you. Just the generic resume that Tony had shown him, just wasn't enough anymore.