1

[ZIVAS POV]

Camp Green Lake, you'd be surprised how long the drive was to a supposedly juvenile detention center. What if someone tried to escape the bus? There was a guard there, but he was staring off into space and seemed harmless. He had black sunglasses and looked as if he were balding. Might deceive to the eye?

I figured to not start any trouble because it was a foolish idea. But I knew it had probably happened in the past. The desert sand ran for miles as i looked out of the window. And holes. So many holes.

[FLASHBACK]

"Ziva Deepoak please rise."

  She stood up, not caring much about her sentence or crime but rather what she'd did to her best friend. She blamed herself for what had happened.

"I should inform you that most jail centers are filled to the brim. But we'll give you two options."

His words were like a ring in her ear, she didn't care. She just wanted to get out of here. Actually, she didn't know what she wanted.

"Camp Green Lake, or jail?"

She didn't know what Camp Green Lake was, she assumed it would be a place to forget all that she'd done wrong. She didn't care if it was some hard labor camp or a regular summer camp, she just needed a distraction.

Some form of consistency to distract her from what had happened at school.

And oh it was, but not in the way she'd expect. "Camp Green Lake sounds nice.." She spoke into the mic, the microphone picking up a bit of a ring after she spoke. "24 months Camp Green Lake doll."

[END OF FLASHBACK]

Suddenly the bus comes to a halt, waking me up.

"Welcome to Camp Greenlake," the guard announces, getting up from where he was sitting before.

He walks over to me and takes the handcuffs that were previously on my wrists off. I sigh in relief, thank god.

I stepped out, slipping on my backpack. my eyes darted to the surroundings around me.

The judge wasn't joking about how filled these places were. One thing I'd noticed, not a girl in sight. I did get some stares, but i managed to make it to what seemed to be an office.

I stepped in and sat down uncomfortably Infront of a man who had piercing eyes and a heavy accent.

"Yer Ziva Deepoak?"

"Y-yes.." I croaked out, noticing he was looking at my file once he tilted his clipboard. "I ain't remindin' ya of yer crime. Shit like this don't fly in here, girl or not. Just cuz yer female doesn't mean ya get special treatment, ya hear?"

I just nodded, glancing up at him shyly before hanging my head low again. He broke the silence once more when a different counselor walked in.

"When you're talkin' to me ya call me only by my name. Mr. Sir. ya got it?" He stood up, revealing his stained shirt and patched jeans. He put on his cowboy hat, lifting his arm and then i noticed..

There was something else he had too. He had a gun.

"Yes M-Mr. Sir."

I replied, my eyes widening at the sight of the firearm. i tried to look away best i could, but it was almost impossible with it sitting right next to me. I didn't want to remember.

[FLASHBACK]

Ziva Deepoak grew up fortunate in an unfortunate situation. She wondered how she'd been alive, all of the gun action she'd seen in her days.

Her and her best friend, Hailee were inseparable. They'd always pick the same classes, match clothes, share interests, like normal teenage bestfriends.

Except, they were not.

They'd had grown up and matured at both young ages, this was their way of getting back that time. Especially with their wild neighborhood behind them. But that wouldn't stop them from getting their own slice of a life.

Ziva's school had always been almost just as crazy, lockdowns every few weeks and such. All of this changed on the day of the shooting. A lot of students ran around and screamed at the sound of gunshots, but Ziva and Hailee were smart, they'd been through something like this a plenty.

They decided to hide their class, making sure the path was clear before they would let the others out. Little did they know they forgot to lock the doors. Hailee was on the outside door, and Ziva looking out of the hallway door.

Luckily, Ziva grabbed onto the fire hydrants beforehand for defense.

A few minutes passed by.

Nothing.

  Another few minutes passed by, the gunshots were getting closer. They thought they had this in the bag, they would escape alive and the offender would never know since the door was.. "locked".

A loud bang was heard, and the adrenaline rushed through Ziva's body. She jumped back as the offender broke the door's glass.

"Shit, Shit, Shit.."

She murmured to herself, taking a step back before ramming the fire hydrant into the offenders head, stunning him for a few moments. She was terrified, but she was brave.

It was a messy fight, but the offender was rushing and got caught off guard by Hailee, startled from being found in the opposite corner.

Ziva now had the gun. Her hand was shaking, she was trembling. Her last words to the offender,

"Rot in hell."

Her voice was shaky, before closing her eyes and pulling the trigger.

Bad idea.

Instead, Hailee fell to the ground, immediately unconscious and the back of her head slowly dampening her hair into a crimson. Ziva's eyes widened in panic as she aimed for the offender and finally shot who she'd had meant to shoot.

She fell to her knees, that same shocked look on her face. Sirens had started to sound and the police rushed in, Ziva's head aching and her ears ringing as the moment set in.

"no, no, no.."

She didn't even refuse arrest, she was just shocked, scared, in denial. In tears.

She was the reason Hailee was dead.

She was the reason her bestfriend was dead.

Her last words to her?

"Go rot in hell."

[END OF FLASHBACK]