06 • "Boring"

"How did the date go?" The Prez hurried to Denji's spot as soon as Asa left class after the bell rang. She had been tapping her foot on the floor since class started, eager to ask Denji about his week-end.

"Uhh.." he exhaled. "Like shit." He then muttered, shaking his head. She immediately frowned, clenching her fists at his answer. "She might hate me now but at least I got to enjoy my weekend." He shrugged. "I'm starving so bye." He stood up grabbing his backpack before leaving. Holding back a gasp, she took a big step ahead to stop him.

"Wait!" She stood before the door. "What do you mean « like shit »?" She awkwardly chuckled. "What happened?" She insisted, furrowing her brows. Denji squinted his eyes puzzled as to why she was so interested in his « love life ».

"She's cute, but she's a bore." He said. "She's not my type." He added in a shrug before walking past her. He was really hungry.

The class president watched him leave dumbfounded, out of all people, Denji saying « she's not my type » was probably the most unlikely thing she ever heard. She was 100% sure she once heard him saying his type was someone desperate. Anyone could seduce him as long as they had boobs. What could've possibly gone wrong? She bit her lower lip as her emotions took the best of her, furrowing her eyebrows she mumbled. "What the fuck did you do to disgust the horniest dude on this planet you bitch..." in an angry tone. She had to fix things for these idiots.

"Oh good afternoon Prez." Asa turned to face her friend who had come to join her on the rooftop. Her usual and favorite spot —only when Denji wasn't here.

"Hi, apparently you went on a date with Denji! How did it go!" She smiled but Asa did not match the energy, sighing as her eyes darted to get lost in the view of the large city.

"He is... the dumbest, laziest, pitifulest, unworthiest and biggest dickhead I've ever met. I hate him, he has no taste and is a total waste of time. It's not like it bothers me that much though, I don't care about him, I didn't have any high hopes. I'm just disappointed— no it's not the right word, because I feel nothing for him so I'm not surprised. He's just pitiful. Who wouldn't want to have a study session together. I know he has bad grades so I only wanted to help him. Plus my explanations were so clear and precise—"

"Wait what?" She immediately stopped Asa in her wannabe hate speech with a frown.

"I'm saying my explanations were flawless and very smooth, so interesting!—"

"Your date... it was homework...?" She asked in disbelief looking at Asa.

"Well yes in a sense, but not exactly. I had a plan, but he refused to follow it."

"Pfft.. that gotta be a joke..." Asa raised an eyebrow looking at the class president as the latter started hysterically laughing.

"Um, Prez...?"

"I can't believe it! I've done my best to have you two getting close, you managed to ice out the horniest, neediest dude of this planet! You're such a bore Mitaka! I can't believe this is real!" She laughed walking out of the rooftop leaving Asa confused, her lips parted as her heart stung with her statement.

Did she hear it right just now...?

She didn't know what went wrong this time. What did she do or not do for history to repeat itself. What, was it written « bully me » in capital letters on her forehead? Most likely so because whatever path she took, whatever actions or decisions she made, whatever school she chose and whatever friends she made, it would all turn wrong every time. Though this time, it was the first time it just happened out of the blue as it started the following day after her small « incident » with the class president on the rooftop. She didn't know what went wrong at this moment so she wanted to talk to her to understand.