The First Time, But Not The Last

Y/N looked over his shoulder to see Hector standing there.

"Whatever it is you wish to say Hector, just say it." Y/N said with a defeated tone.

"I may not be as spry as ye boy, boy I'm not blind nor deaf. I know what yer plannin'."

"Good talk. Where's the Captain?" Y/N said as Hector pointed to the Black Pearl.

"What would it be that ye want with the Cap'n?"

"That's between me and Captain Sparrow." Y/N said as he headed to the Black Pearl, heading to the Captains Cabin and knocking on the door before entering the Captains cabin. Jack looked up at the boy.

"I paid you what you're owed." Jack said, expecting that to be the clear issue.

"I know you did Captain, I'm here to sign on for your crew." Y/N said as he looked at the Captain who looked sceptical.

"Why?"

"There's nothing for me here. At least with this crew there are a few people left that I trust." Y/N said as Jack looked at him.

"All right, you're on the ship." Jack said as he saw the boy looked saddened upon stating that there was nothing keeping him in Tortuga. Y/N nodded and went to leave before Captain Jack spoke once more. "What did you mean about there being nothing left for you here?"

Y/N was silent for a moment.

"Nothing to concern you with captain." Y/N said before he left.

Jack paused for a moment, thinking to himself before nodding.

"If you have anything you want to bring with you, bring it aboard before sunrise tomorrow. After that we set sail for the Isla De Muerta."

3 Days Later:

Y/N was writing in a small journal in Jacks cabin, serving as the cabin boy, his duties being to fetch the Captain Rum or food when ordered. Meaning he had quite a bit of free time on his hands when he wasn't helping out around the ship, with most of the crew coming to see him as one of their own from his efforts to help.

As he wrote into his journal, Y/N heard Jack and Barbossa discussing the matter of the location of the treasure of Cortez, they had been discussing the matter for the past three days.

"Well ye promised an equal share of everything on this voyage, that should include the location of the treasure." Barbossa said as Y/N paused for a moment and turned to look at Jack who noticed and gave a silent gesture with his hand telling Y/N to go back to his journal.

"Very well, Hector." Jack said before he revealed the location of the treasure. "Equal share in everything."

"Of course." Hector said as he looked at Y/N and then to Jack before leaving. As Hector left Y/N turned to Jack.

"Captain, are you certain that was wise?" Y/N asked as Jack nodded.

"Aye, besides, it wasn't the exact location. Just close enough for him to not get suspicious." Jack said with a grin. "What exactly do you write in that book?"

"Nothing, just... some words meant for a friend if I ever see them again." Y/N said as he smiled at the Captain.

"The same friend who took your coin?"

"I gave her my coin." Y/N said as Jack nodded. He looked outside at the night sky.

"Go on lad, off to bed with you." Jack said with gentle tone, he had been keeping an eye on Y/N over the past few days, with Turner keeping an eye on him, both of them could tell there was something troubling the boy.