Another turning point

Start from the beginning

“I couldn't-” I shook my head and started to cry harder “I couldn't give them an answer. In my heart, my first response was yes. I wanted to scream ‘yes’ at the top of my lungs Yoongi. I want her, I love her so much” I wiped my face “but there's so much…too much to think about. I'll be moving soon, and after the divorce, I'll have to change my name back to Kim, and she'd have to change hers, and I never even asked if you want kids. Especially with someone you're not even in a relationship with? And if she's attached to you, it's going to hurt her when we le-” 

“Taehyung” his tone made me look up, but his face remained stoic “do you want to leave when our year is up?”

“No” I was too vulnerable and upset to lie, he seemed to visibly relax though, he's stoic expression finally changing as he glanced at her artwork on our fridge, he looked back at me and gave me a half smile as his eyes watered slightly 

“Good” he pushed out a breath “I don't want you to leave either. I know that we are married. That on paper, I'm your husband. But I wanted to ask if you'd be my boyfriend. I had a whole plan for tonight and a speech that I wrote down while I was at work today and got relentlessly teased by Namjoon” he chuckled making me huff a laugh and shake my head, it did nothing to relieve my feelings about Janie, but it helped me feel lighter regardless

“I'd like that” I nodded with a smile and wiped my face again “I was going to ask you on a date tonight” he smiled and reached for my hand 

“Tae, I'd love to go on a date with you. We can wait, though. Our first order of business is going to be bringing that little girl home” 

My eyes widened, and I'm sure my eyebrows were touching my hairline as I stared at him. There was that look again.. the one I didn't notice until Jimin pointed it out to me. The one that made me want to move constellations for him and paint the sky in ways he'd never seen before.. “you mean that?” 

“Tae, the very first time you ever talked to me about your job, Janie was the center of every story. Her artwork has been on our fridge since we moved in. Your eyes light up if you even think about her, and she looks at you with so much love and adoration. The two of you look at each other that way. And she loved me before we ever met. The few times I had the opportunity to stop by, she hugged me so tight I could feel her love for me. She needs us right now. She asked specifically for us. I can't say no to either of you, and I wouldn't dream of it” 

Warmth and love wrapped around me like a thick blanket and I felt a new lump forming in my throat as fresh tears stung my eyes “I never wanted kids” he confessed, my heart sunk just a little. I love kids, I've always wanted as many as I could have “and then.. I met you. And you want kids, and the more I started picturing our lives together, the more I thought about having kids together. And secretly, I'd hoped we would have them and that at least one was half as sweet and endearing as Janie. I don't have to think it over, Taehyung. My mind is made up. Call her social worker right now. I'll call Namjoon and get in touch with my lawyers. I don't half ass anything, I never have. If we're doing this, we're going all in. We'll adopt her and make her a Min” 

The sob that left my mouth caught both of us off guard, I was so relieved and happy that I didn't know what to do with myself. Without much thought, I rushed out of my chair and threw myself at him. I straddled his lap and cried with my face buried in his keck as he wrapped his arms around me and held me. I genuinely didn't know what to expect when I walked in the door from work and started this conversation, and I couldn't be happier with the direction it took. 

Yoongi pov 

When Tae finally calmed down and removed himself from my lap, I grabbed my phone and stood up “I'm gonna go call Joon. You should call her social worker. I'm going to see what we have to do to register as foster parents and see how I can speed up the process” we separated, I went to my room and called Namjoon while he went to the living room and called her social worker. After the shock of the news wore off Namjoon sprung into action. So, while he did that, I sat down on my bed and fell backward. I stared up at the ceiling and pushed out a breath. 

I wasn't lying to Tae, I genuinely never wanted children. After my own childhood was ruined, I never wanted to subject a child to that kind of abuse and neglect. I know that I'm not my parents, I know that I would never do that to a child, but I always secretly feared that I would fuck them up in my own way. 

And then Wonho came along and he never wanted kids either. Probably because it would have made it harder for him to fuck anyone he wanted. And after the pain of finding out what he was doing, I didn't think I'd feel love ever again. Not with another man, and definitely not for a child. How could I? My parents never loved me, and Wonho never loved me. How could I expect anyone else to? 

And then Tae came along. 

And for the first time, I've felt love. 

I'm scared, terrified even. I loved Wonho, and I thought that he loved me too. I gave him my everything, and not once was it actually reciprocated. I know that I don't have to worry about that with Tae. For every ounce of love I've shown him, I've gotten back pounds of it. Even when I didn't deserve it, or ask for it. 

He showed me compassion when we were just strangers entangled in the same fucked up web. 

And if doing this for him, will make him happy, I'm going all in. 

To break me out of my thoughts, the bedroom door opened. I sat up on my elbow and watched as Tae walked in and smiled with tears still on his cheeks “I'm taking off tomorrow to meet with her social worker” 

“I'll come too”

“are you sure? I know you're bus-”

“never too busy for you” 

He blushed but moved towards the bed, he laid beside me and opened his arms, I wrapped mine tight around him as he did the same, and then he kissed me. Not a small peck this time as they usually were, he deepened it fast, only slowed down once our tongues met and he suddenly kissed me with so much emotion I felt a lump forming in my throat. 

The kiss continued on like that for a while until he lowered his head to break it. He smiled as he scanned my eyes, and then he punched all of the air out of my lungs with a simple phrase 

“I love you Yoongi” 

Sorry it's been a long time, I'm finally feeling better enough to write and actually publish anything instead of letting it sit idle.

I put a lot of focus on Janie since the beginning, and now you guys know why, lol. There's still a lot that needs to happen before these two actually get to their happy ending.

Also, is anyone else wondering what Wonho has been doing for the last 9 months and why he left quietly? 👀

Something to think about just sayin.