05 • "Nerd. Loser!"

Start from the beginning

"Huhh did you forget something at school?" He furrowed his brows in confusion but she kept on walking, seemingly unbothered.

"No." She answered. He pouted, unsatisfied by her answer and still confused. But still Denji walked closely behind her until they reached the door to enter the building, they quickly changed their shoes and started walking in the unusually calm hallways.

"Is the date happening in the school?" He asked. « Did she plan a party or something? Or maybe we're going to swim, but is it legal.. »

"Yes of course." She answered like it was obvious.

"Ehh.." Denji wrinkled his eyes, starting to doubt her intentions. "Why do you have a backpack... on a date..."

"Mitaka-san! This way!" Both of them simultaneously turned around when recognising the voice of their head teacher. He was waving at them from a short distance in front of a classroom. "I managed to free this room for you two!" He said next.

"Huh?!"

"Thank you sensei!" Asa said from afar as she started a walk towards the door he was standing next to. Denji followed without second thoughts, just doubts.

As they reached the classroom the teacher waved them goodbye and they entered the empty room, Asa removed the bag from her back while Denji observed her as she undressed from her coat. Reality immediately hit him like a hard rock. « Damn! Maybe she wants to have sex already?! This explains a lot! »

Denji scrubbed his cheek, which was becoming slightly red. "You know I don't really mind but I think a classroom isn't the best place to do that.." he smirked looking down.

"Well it is, I don't really like doing it in libraries." She shrugged, walking towards him.

"It's not your first time?" His mouth formed an O as he watched her. She raised an eyebrow.

"Yes it is.. I usually do it alone." Denji gasped, slamming a hand on his torso.

"You do it by yourself too?!" He exclaimed relieved to not be the only one masturbating.

"Most people do, don't they?" She tilted her head. "I think it's useless doing it in a group." She added.

"With just one person is better I think.."

"I think so too, well shall we begin?" She looked up at him quite —positively— surprised by his response. She didn't expect him to prefer this as well, in fact she thought he never studied in his life.

"Here, you sure?" He bit his lower lip as she sat down on a chair.

"Yes, come here." She tapped on the seat next to her.

Denji clenched his teeth holding back tears of happiness. « My glory days have finally arrived. » he thought, clenching his fist on his shirt near his heart. He then sat down next to her, grabbing the ends of his shirt to pull it off but was quickly interrupted by a loud bang.

"Sorry." She apologized clearing her throat. Denji opened his eyes and immediately frowned seeing a big ass book on the table. "We're lucky I found a book treating this subject on my mother's stuff, she was a high school professor." Asa smiled, opening the thing as Denji stared in the void, shocked.

"What the fuck..." he muttered.

"Hm?" She turned to him.

"What the fuck are we doing.."

"Studying for next week's exam! You see, Minamoto no Yoritomo is one of the greatest shogun, he established Kamakura shogunate after winning the Genpei war in 1185 during the Heian period. It's an important date but it's not the only one, because it's in 1192 that—"

Denji lost it mid way in her explanation as she was blabbing about some shogun he didn't give a fuck about. He was in bliss, utter shock, like day dreaming, he was sure it was a joke, she couldn't be serious. They couldn't be having a studying session as a date. Lost in his thoughts for too long as she was still talking, Denji almost drifted to sleep when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Hey, we're getting to the good part what are you doing?" She frowned, offended.

"Sleeping, cuz that's what I do in history class.." he muttered in a lazy tone.

"It's freaking 11 Denji, it's not time to sleep!"

"It's a freaking date it's not time to be studying as well!" He immediately replied as her lips parted.

"What do you mean, we have a test next week so I'm killing two birds with one stone! We're having fun together while learning about the past of our nation."

Denji rolled his eyes. "Go on but wake me up when you're done."

"Hey what does that mean? It's only homework if I do that by myself, we're on a date aren't we? Wake up!" She crossed her arms confused by his reaction. She was absolutely sure showing off her intelligence would impress him even more.

"We're on a date so let's have lunch or something!" He argued but she shook her head.

"We're not supposed to eat until 1PM. At what time did you have your breakfast?"

"Uhh I dunno.."

"Well hold on, because we're only 15 minutes in." She stated. "We'll be eating in 1 hour and now 44 minutes."

"Kill me.." he sighed letting his head fall on the desk.

"What's your problem?" She slightly shook his body but he ignored it.

"Think of something positive.." he said to himself, an image suddenly popped up in his mind, a scene from his latest date, which was a golden memory.

"Denji! Focus!" She snapped her finger at him causing him to slowly sit straight. He looked at her with a bored expression. "You're listening now?" But he shook his head.

"Let's go have lunch.." he offered. He was not only hungry but he wanted to get out of here, he spent 5 days of his precious week wasting time at school and during his free time, a moment he was supposed to enjoy she brought him back here.

"Not until 1 PM, stick to the plan." She repeated as he clicked his tongue.

"What plan? Stop being such a nerd!"

"I'm not a nerd! Sticking to the plan makes the options easier to manage and defines the priorities as well as maximizing our date to its full potential! Everything is perfectly thought of for this day to be great you just have to listen—"

"I'm going to eat.. with or without you." He stated, cutting her off in the sentence causing her to gasp. But she did nothing to stop him as he stood up to leave the room. He looked back at her checking to see if she would change mind but seeing her annoyed expression he guessed she wouldn't and left.

"LOSER!" She yelled before he could close the door. Denji heard that right but shook his head, deciding it will be better to think of what menu he should order at KFC.

AN: nothing too different from their canon date!🤷🏽‍♀️
3 more days until next chapter, manifesting Asa/Yoru appearance😔🕯️
Do any of you watch/read 'A Sign of Affection' by the way? I love it😭🫶🏾