✩* ⋆ 22 ⋆ *✩

Start from the beginning

Canada looks towards me and smiles in relief. "Let's go. I can't stand her anymore." Canada drags me away from China. I apologize to the Qing empire for Canada before we make it out the door.

The ride back home was silent. I didn't want to start a conversation afraid he would swarve the car. I know better than to not make him triggered. Canada is unpredictable with his anger. It's rare to see him like this because he's always smiling. I hide in his shadow most of the time because he's a lovable country. Nice to everyone around him. He has the 'perfect' life, as people call it.

We make it back home and Canada immediately goes into his room, slamming the door shut letting his presence be known in the house. I sit on the couch next to Father who's reading the daily newspaper. "Where have you been dear?" He asks, not looking at me.

"I was at my friend's working on our project." I say. "Don't worry, Father. I don't have to go over there again. I finished the slide presentation today." I stammer out. Father would always want me at home and not anywhere else. He's concerned for my safety even though I told him multiple times that I'm able to take care of myself. At least he allows me to go to the park by myself. That's the only place he'd allow me to go. I hear Father hum in approval.

I make my way over to the refrigerator and take out coca cola. The best beverage for a relaxing evening. I hear Father gasp. It's rare to see him surprised at something so I quickly whip my head to look at him. Mommy comes rushing over, "are you alright mon amour?"

Father turned the newspaper for her to read. Mommy's eyes widened. It can't be that bad. "What happened?" I ask.

"The Russian Empire and The German Empire are getting a divorce." Father explains.

"What?!" I gape. The two are one of the most powerful countries in this century! This couldn't be good.

"The German Empire had an affair with Austria-Hungary." Father scrunches in disgust as he continues reading his newspaper.

Mommy gets off the couch, "I'm going to call R.E to see if this is true. It can't be!" She grabs her phone from off the coffee table, but Father stops her.

"It's best not to involve ourselves yet. He might be suspicious." Father analysis.

I take the newspaper from my Father to get a better description of what's happening. "Father, they divorced the day after the ball." I mumble. Could it be? The German Empire used this chance to expose himself. No wonder The Russian Empire looked a little gloomy that day. He was more focused on his food than anything else.

Mommy nods, "I've seen G.E drag Austria-Hungary away from the crowd. I didn't see them after the ball ended." I didn't see Austria-Hungary though. Maybe she left before I woke up. Gosh, Europe is messed up!

Father gets up, "I need time to think about this. R.E and I aren't on the best terms." Mommy and Father walk away to their bedroom while I continue staring at the newspaper. It has a little image of The Russian Empire, The German Empire, and their children. I wonder how Russia and Germany reacted to the news. Heck, Soviet might even be happy! Either way, Europe isn't my problem so I let it slide out of my mind. I mean, they won't affect me. Right?

'^'

I sneakily open Canada's door. His lights are dimmed down so he's probably sleeping. It wouldn't hurt if I woke him up. I mean, he's probably calmed down. To my horror, he's watching f*cking p*rn videos! "Maple?!" I scream, slamming the door.