Chapter Seven- Pulling a Few Strings

Start from the beginning

She nodded, surprised by my harsh tone, "Yes, ma'am."

I nodded, signaling her to get away from me.

"You don't like her, do you?" Lucas asked, leading me to a table.

"Not one bit."

A chuckle came out of Lucas as we both went to sit next to Four, who was with Eric, Tori, and a boy who I did not recognize. He had fairly dark skin and short, black hair. He looked to be in a leader position, but I did not assume.

Four half smiled, "Morning."

I nodded in response, "Good morning. How is everyone?"

Four shrugged, "It's alright. I don't believe you have met Zeke. Zeke, this is Adelaide, and the man to her left is Lucas."

Zeke smiled, "Hey guys, good to meet ya'. Adelaide, I just want to say that you have been such a huge inspiration for my brother, Uriah. He really looks up to you."

I smiled, "That's amazing! He is a good kid. Great fighter."

From then on, we all talked what was to happen today. It was just the basic stuff: running, knife throwing, etc.. However, it was going to be cut short because of the afternoon activity they had planned for the initiates.

During our talk, I noticed that Eric was constantly eyeing me, like he wanted to tell me something. However, every time I looked at him, he would turn his head away as if he was embarrassed. What was that about?

The next thing I knew, Dauntless members started banging their cups against the tables, telling me that Max had entered the premises.

"Good morning, initiates!" Max yelled. "You have officially three more days until you are finished with Stage one of the Dauntless training. Today, we have a special guest here. He is well known throughout the history of Dauntless. Throughout his years he achieved leadership at seventeen, and bumped up to being a Special Ops officer at age twenty-six. He will finally achieve his goal by becoming the head of our faction. Please, help me introducing the one and only: Sam Quinlin!"

I gasped when I heard my father's name. He's here?! Both Lucas and I immediately stood up and got into our formal position, in which was both of our arms behind our back and head up, ready to honor our leader. A man with shaved, brown hair and a short stature came into view. He was wearing black clothing and was equipped with a gun belt and a holster on his thigh. There he was. My father.

"Salute!" I yelled out and swiftly rose my right hand up to my right temple.

My father smiled, "You may relax."

Which was the signal to move our hand back to where it needed to be.

"Adelaide and Lucas, I order you to climb up and stand next to me," he said, obviously wanting to show of his star pupils.

Lucas allowed me to stand in front of him as we marched along, earning looks of wonder and interest from the initiates.

To the side there was a metal scaffolding that was easily climbable. I gracefully climbed it with ease, only using my upper body. Once reaching the top, I swung myself over the ledge and looked straight at my father, waiting for a command.

"Lucas, you may relax. Adelaide, could you stop being so formal?"

That was code for relax and give your father a hug.

Smiling, I instantly threw myself at my father, hugging him with all of my might. A weak chuckle sounded from his lips.

He whispered, "I missed you."