Chapter 5 - Zombie

“What the hell!” Dean was pacing around the room.

“How should I know.” Sam answered, not really talking to anyone in particular. 

I sat on the floor with my legs crossed, still trying to figure out what exactly had happened to me. I felt the icy drops from my wet hair slide past the collar of my shirt and trickle down my spine.

"How do we even kill this thing?" Dean sat on the bed and started chewing his nails. 

"That's a bad habit."  I stated. I sounded like a zombie. I sat there, staring into space, unmoving, I was freaking myself out.

Sam whipped his head around. He pursed his lips, before he frowned at me. He studied me before turning back to his computer.

Dean shifted his eyes from me to Sam. I figured they were both trying to figure out what was wrong with me.

"I'm going for a walk." I slowly started to get up off the floor, I took a step towards the door and stumbled over my own foot. 

"Woah, woah, woah," Dean grabbed hold of my arm. "You're in no shape to go anywhere."

I shook him off before sitting back on the floor. My eyes darted around the room, but mostly from Sam to Dean.

"Alright I think I know whats going on." Sam announced. "If the Menstra Unna does not drain all the blood from its victims, it leaves them in a slightly dazed state." He read off the computer screen. "But some other symptoms are, clumsiness, confusion, weariness, they could even go delusional."

"And how does it do that?" Dean asked. He walked over and stood behind Sam, leaning down to see.

"It leaves a discharge, in uh, inside." I rolled my eyes. What a baby.

"Inside?" Oh Dean, I would think you would know this.

"Inside Hailey's, um, lady parts, as she refers to it." Sam seemed to be strangled by his own words.

They both looked over at me.

My eyes strayed downward. "Oh, no way am I taking my pants off in front of either of you."

Sam sighed. "We didn't ask you to." He rubbed his temples. "But if you could go get a sample--"

"Alright, alright, fine." I held up my hands to signal him to stop talking.

"Well?" Dean was getting impatient, as usual.

Sam just kept examining the goo that I gave him. It made me shudder to think about where it came from. "I'm stumped."

"What are we supposed to do now?" I asked, my voice unsteady.

"Wait, and see what happens." Sam answered. He took the latex gloves off his hands and discarded them in the trash can.

"But what if I only get worse?" I was scared, I didn't know what was going to happen to me."And that stuff it put in me, is it still going to affect me?"

"Most likely. Unless you clean it out." Sam got quiet when he said the last part.

"Okay, and if I don't get it all?"

"I'm not sure how much of it there needs to be for it to work." That's what discouraged me, I could still be all zombie-ish if I missed some. Why'd the damn thing have to come after me? Why am I so special? I hadn't even marked a calender!

Sighing, I stepped back into the bathroom prepared to get myself cleaned up,

The ceiling loomed over me like some monster from my dreams. I stared into the darkness, my eyes fixed on the shadows that came through the window. Everything seemed to be moving, yet everything was still.

I soon realized that it was my head that was spinning, I had been having dizzy spots all day. I glanced over at Dean who had claimed the other bed, I leaned over the side of my bed to see Sam looking uncomfortable on the floor.

Slipping out of my pajamas, I found some clothes and my sneakers. I quickly put them on before grabbing my sweatshirt and a room key. Slowly, I turned the doorknob, careful not to make too much noise.

Peering around the door, I checked to see if anyone was outside, when I didn't see any movement of people, I stepped into the chilly night air.

I silently pulled the door closed until I heard the small click of the lock. Shoving my hands inside my pockets, I walked away into the night.