Chapter 4 - Surprise Attack

When we were back at the motel, I noticed my phone was blinking. Flipping it open, I saw that I had fifteen new messages. eleven voicemails; all from Marilynn, and three text messages. I didn't bother to listen to the voicemails, but I checked the text messages.

One was from my best friend, Shane Morrison.

Where are you!? Come back :( I miss you.

I smiled and typed a reply.

I can't...but I miss you too!

I hit send and waited for my phone to buzz.

Why did you leave D: It's gonna be so boring without you here.

I’m sorry...if I could, I would come back just to see you (:

Thanks, buddy :) That made my day!

Haha, I’m glad. (: But its true, I would come to see you cause I love my best friend!

:) I love my best friend too!

It felt great to be talking to him, but I knew I couldn’t taunt him by not telling him anything. Sadly, I decided to say goodbye.

Hey, I have to go, but I promise I’ll text you when I know if you can know whats going on. Okay?

Cautiously, I waited for his reply.

Okay :( Bye

”I love you, Hailey.”

“I love you too, Shane”

*He leans in for a kiss*

“Alright, rise and shine, young one!” Dean’s booming voice interrupted my dreams.

“Ughhh!” I threw my pillow at him.

“What?” He raised an eyebrow at me.

“You ruined my perfect--almost--dream!” I whined.

“I’m sorry?”

“You should be.” Rolling over on the lumpy mattress I swung my legs over the side until I felt solid ground. I grabbed my bag and made my way towards the bathroom, purposely running into Dean on my way by.

“Jeez, P.M.S much?” He asked.

I shot him a glare before slamming the bathroom door shut. Setting my bag on the floor, I stripped off my clothes and turned the knob in the shower. I adjusted the water to liking and stepped in.

I let the water run over my body for a moment, letting the tension out of my muscles. Relaxing, I started to lather myself. My hand went for the shampoo bottle but stopped when I felt something crawling up my leg.

My first thought was a bug of some sort, maybe roaches I slowly tilted my head downward. What I saw not only scared the crap out of me, it also made me remember something very important.

Then I started screaming. I kicked my legs frantically, which only made me fall back into the shower curtain. I fell to the floor wrapped in the curtain, still kicking and screaming all the way.

The door burst open, a few shots were fired, and then I felt the disgusting beast retreating.

I stopped my thrashing and pulled the curtain tighter around my body. Poking my head out, I saw Sam and Dean looking puzzled.

“Are you okay?” Sam asked, looking down the drain after the Menstra Unna.

“Oh yeah, of course, I’m fine, NO!” Thats when I exploded. "Did you not just see that thing come and try to feed off my lady parts?”

“Do you have to be so graphic?” Dean asked.

“Do you have to be such an eight year old!?” I snapped back.

He paused. “Touche.”