Chapter 36: Secrets Revealed

Começar do início

I'm stretching out my aching legs when it rings again. An unknown number. This time, I answer.

"Hello?"

"Aria, finally!"

I scrunch my brows and look at my phone. Why is my mom's boyfriend calling?

"Can I help you?" I ask, hesitant.

It was only a few months ago when he tried to sexually assault me. What does he want now?

"Yes actually. Your bitch of a mother left me for some rich guy so I wanted to let you know the truth."

"The truth?"

"What I did to you was not me. It was your mother, she made me do it! And I wanted to say sorry before I never see you or that slimy cunt again."

I stumble back a little, confused. I knew my mother was a bitch but never to this extent.

"What? Why?" My voice is hoarse as I ask the only questions I can really get out right now.

There's a long pause. "Ashton. It was Ashton."

My heart drops. He has to be lying. He has to be. He's upset with my mother and trying to take it out on me.

"I don't believe you." I whisper.

"Do you really think I wouldn't have noticed her coming up the stairs when she did? Why do you think she came home right when I started, that's not a coincidence. Do you think I'm stupid enough to try something like that right when your mother was supposed to be getting home from work? It was all planned." He says the words and they sound believable.

"W-why would my mother do that? Why would he?"

"She was going to foreclose on the house. He offered her enough money so she didn't lose it as well as enough to get back on her feet. We were broke. I guess she saw she had no choice. And as for him, you'll have to ask him why."

Oh, I'll ask him alright. Right before I slap him in the face and pack my shit to leave. I'm fuming. But eventually my anger turns to sorrow. Heartbroken doesn't even begin to describe what I feel.

I poured my all into this relationship, our monthly anniversary was supposed to be happening next week.

Why?

"Thank you for letting me know." I hang up.

Sliding down the bathroom wall my butt collides with the floor and I don't even pay attention to the sting from the bruises made last night. Tears fall uncontrollably.

I sit with the devastation for at least 20 minutes before I hear the door swing open. My head is covered by my knees to my face as I hug my legs. I don't even bother to look up, I already know who it is.

"Princess? What's wrong, why are you crying?"

I don't respond, I just cry harder. How dare he act like he didn't set me up. And had the nerve to think he wouldn't get caught.

He squats down to my level and uses a finger to lift my chin to look at him, worry evident on his face. I quickly push him off and stand up.

"Don't touch me!" I yell harshly, tears now replaced with anger again. "Keep your filthy hands off me, jackass!"

He pauses to look at me, furrows his brows, and without another thought starts fumbling with his belt. Before he can get it off, I yell again.

"You had me setup to be raped!"

The hand on the belt pauses. His face comes to look at me again and his eyes soften.

"Aria......"

"No! Don't Aria me, stupid jerk!"

He swiftly grabs my hands and puts them above my head, smashing me into the wall. "I don't care how mad you are, you're not going to raise your voice at me and call me names." He growls.

I don't reply and just glare at him.

"I didn't set you up to be raped. How would I know that your mother would come up with that plan, of all plans? I simply told her to kick you out and make it look believable. I didn't find out that was her plan until you told me yourself what he did. And he's lucky I didn't kill him and then piss on his grave."

So his excuse is that he didn't set me up to be assaulted, but he still set me up. He's going to have to come up with a better excuse than that.

"Why?"

"I... I wanted you."

"So why not be like a normal person and get me the regular way? You know, dating for some time first and then moving in down the line?"

He sighs. "Aria, you can't even begin to understand the things I felt for you when I first met you. I was impatient, and for that I'm sorry. I truly am."

He reaches out to push a piece of my hair out of my face but I turn my head away before he can.

"Please forgive me." He grabs my waist and pushes himself closer to me, so close that I can't breathe right. His hands start to travel over me.

"Diamond!" I shout. I need space to breathe and right now he's suffocating me.

He immediately stops what he's doing and steps back. I breathe out a sigh of relief that he remembered my safe word, I've never used it til now.

I storm out of the bathroom, making sure to bump his shoulder with mine as I do so.

Great, now I'm going to have to call an Uber.