12

Rayyan don't talk to me in that manner. I don't have to keep reminding you that I'm older than you. Kayla spat. She Yank the remote control from Rayyan and changed the channel.

Kayla, I'm not done watching my football match.
You have TV in your bedroom can't you watch your movie there? Rayyan thundered.
Kayla ignore him.
Rayyan stand up from the couch take the bowl of popcorn from Kayla's hand and pour them on the ground.

Rayyan, Kayla landed a resounding slap on Rayyan's cheek.
He raised his hand to retaliate but Mujahid's voice stopped him.
Rayyan Your disrespect for Kayla has gotten to the stage where you raise Your hand to slap her.
Daddy, she slap me. Rayyan mumble.
You want to retaliate. Rayyan do you want to slap Your sister back?

If Fauziya and Malika disrespect you will you be happy? Amir is also there. He is a boy and will grow up one day. Will you be happy if they disrespect you? Mujahid thundered.
Daddy, please let her go to her mother and stay with her.
She can't always stay with you, she should search for her mother and spend some days with her. Rayyan felt another slap on his cheek.

Mujahid take out his belt from his trouser and began to beat Rayyan mercilessly.
Kayla got scared and ran to Farida's bedroom.

Mummy, Mummy, Kayla called.
Farida jerked up.
What happened? Why are you quivering? Farida ask Kayla.
Mummy let's go. Go and stop Daddy before he kill Rayyan. Kayla muttered worriedly.
Fauziya and Malika follow Farida out.
Kayla walked to the bed and take baby Amir.

Farida covered her mouth with her palm and ran downstairs almost tripping on her steps.
She take Rayyan away.
Sweetheart Rayyan's mouth is bleeding.
If You vent your anger on him you will kill him. Farida calmed Mujahid down.

Farida let me kill him. Farida Rayyan's ill attitude is getting out of control.
Kayla glance at Rayyan's puffy face and shake her head pathetically.
Rayyan glared at Kayla.
Fauziya and Malika started laughing. Baby Amir laughed too.
Farida glared at Fauziya and Malika.

Mujahid narrate everything that transpires between Kayla and Rayyan to Farida.
Farida turn to Rayyan.
Apologize to Your sister. Farida muttered in an authoritarian voice.
I will not apologize to her. Rayyan mumble.
Mujahid raised his belt ready to hit him when he mumbled sorry.

I'm sorry Kayla. Rayyan muttered.
Do you call her Kayla now because you are taller than her? Kayla is 7 years older than you so she deserves the damn respect from you. Young boy. Farida muttered.
I'm sorry Ya Kayla. Rayyan mumble.
Mujahid takes out his credit card and throw it on him.
Take yourself to the hospital. Don't spend less than 10 thousand Naira. Mujahid warned.

Rayyan stand up. He started feeling dizzy.
Rayyan hold Farida. Mummy, I'm feeling dizzy. Rayyan cried.
Rayyan Your stubbornness cause this for you.
Rayyan Your Dad hate to hit his children but you cross your limit.
You always upset him.

Why do you want to ruin our reputations? If a visitor walked in when you wanted to slap Your older sister what would they say? They will think I and Your father didn't inculcate good manners into you.
Rayyan, You were not like this. What changed you? You and Kayla were good. You respected her.
Rayyan I am disappointed at you. I am not happy with your New change.

Mummy, Ya Rayyan's friend influenced him.
His friends are the bad boys and stubborn boys in the school.
They always insult their parents anytime they come to pick them up from school. I think he learned the bad attitude from them. Fauziya Muttered.