20

Days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months and months turn into year. It's been one year Since Kayla got married to Fawzan.
Everything is going smoothly with her.
Kayla is three months pregnant.
She isn't comfortable with Nafisah's nagging about her pregnancy.

Fawzan isn't happy as well. He got fed up with his stepmother's sudden change.
Kayla often feel like Nafisah envies her. Nafisah is barren and she wishes to give Muhammad an heir.
Kayla finished preparing breakfast. She takes the food flask and Saunter out of her apartment.
Kayla takes it to the main apartment.
She drop the food flask on the dining table.

Kayla, I told you to stop preparing breakfast for us. You are pregnant I don't want you to stress yourself and the baby growing inside you. My wife can prepare that. She will prepare breakfast for you too.
Maira and Mahira are there to assist you. Muhammad muttered.

Daddy, I'm okay with it. Maira and Mahira are trying their best. They are assisting me. Kayla muttered with a smile.
She walks to Nafisah's bedroom twist the doorknob and walk in.
Good morning, Aunt Nafisah. Kayla greeted.

Morning. Nafisah muttered.
Your breakfast is in the dining. Kayla muttered.
Nafisah muttered okay.
Kayla shook her head and Saunter out of her bedroom.
She is so rude. She never appreciated what I did for her. She has never said thank you. Kayla mumble.
She hissed and marched to her apartment.

I can't wait to give birth so that we will leave the house and stay in our own house with my children. Kayla muttered.
Why are you sulking? Fawzan asked.
He hug Kayla and peck her on her cheek.
Your mother. Kayla mumble.

Kayla let's be patient with her. We will soon leave the house for her.
Hun can't you convince Abbah to let us go soon? I'm tired of Aunt Nafisah's nagging every day.
I'm trying my best and she complained that I'm weak.
It's not easy to carry another living soul in the womb.
I know how I feel. Kayla muttered with a hiss.
Fawzan Humm.

Kayla takes Fawzan to the dining. She serve him and herself.
Kayla didn't enjoy her breakfast.
The door to the living room cracked open.
Kayla and Fawzan pivot their gaze to the door.
Kayla hissed silently.
Nafisah walk to the dining.

Thank you for the breakfast.
Kayla, can you teach me how to prepare lamb rice? Nafisah muttered.
I want to go to work. I have the video in my phone I will send it to you. Kayla muttered.
Kayla, you are disrespecting me because I'm not Your husband's mother.
If she is alive and she want you to cook for her will you say No? Is Your work important than your obligation as a wife?

I never fail my duty as a wife.
I perform my obligations. You are not my husband. My husband has never complained to you that I'm not taking care of him.
Has he ever come to you crying of hunger since he got married?
Can't you see how healthy he is? I take good care of him.
I ensure I give my father-in-law the best care daughter-in-law should do.
Kayla spat.

Fawzan, You watched Your wife disrespect me and you didn't say anything.
How can a pregnant woman be working from morning to night? Nafisah muttered.
Aunt Nafisah I am tired of your I'll attitude towards my wife.
She is my wife, not your maid.
I didn't complain about her work.
I am okay with it, my father is okay with it.

I don't care if you are not okay with it because your opinion doesn't matter to me.
Please leave my apartment. Fawzan thundered.
Nafisah shook her head and stormed out of Fawzan's apartment.