Chapter Five: Glass Slippers!

Start from the beginning

[Later That Evening]

Terra walks through what looked like a forest but appeared to most likely be a garden. He hears the sound of crying and he wanders over to the sound.

"Is something wrong?" Terra asks.

"It's just that my friends made me the most beautiful dress, but my stepmother and stepsisters ruined it. And I was so looking forward to the ball." Cinderella explains.

"Darkness always finds a way into a wounded heart. You have to be strong." Terra explains, "Strength of heart will carry you through the hardest of trials."

"But I..." Cinderella states. Suddenly Unversed appears to attack.

"Unversed!" Terra yells out and begins to battle them. Afterwards, he looks over at Cinderella.

"I can't believe... not anymore..." Cinderella cries. Terra crosses his arms. He wasn't good with crying women. Scarlet got upset one time and it was too much for him.

"Strength of heart is important, but that's not all you need." A voice states.

"There's nothing left to believe in... nothing." Cinderella replies.

"Nothing, my dear? Oh, now, you don't really mean that..." The voice says and Terra watches as something begins to appear sitting on the bench beside Cinderella.

"Oh, it's just no use." Cinderella cries.

"Nonsense! If you'd lost all your faith, I couldn't be here, and here I am." The voice states solidifying into an old woman, "Oh, come now, dry those tears. You can't go to the ball looking like that." She makes Cinderella stand.

"The ball? Oh, but I'm not–" Cinderella objects.

"Of course you are. But we'll have to hurry." The old woman states. She summons a wand.

"Now what were those magic words? Oh yes! Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" The old woman states and does magic. Terra watches as a pumpkin becomes a magic carriage. His eyes widened in shock watching. Cinderella gets a beautiful dress.

"Oh... It's a beautiful dress." Cinderella exclaims, "Why... it's a dream come true!"

"Yes, but like all dreams... I'm afraid this can't last forever. You'll have only till midnight, and then on the stroke of twelve, the spell will be broken, and everything will be as it was before." The old woman states.

"Yes, I understand." Cinderella replies. Cinderella gets into the carriage and leaves for the ball. All Terra could do was stand there.

"Her heart was full of light. Why didn't I see it?" Terra asks, "What did you do? I can hardly tell she's the same person."

"Who are you?" The old woman asks.

"Terra." Terra replies.

"Terra, in your heart, do you believe that dreams can come true?" The old woman asks.

"I do. But I also believe you have to make an effort to make them come true." Terra explains.

"Yes, of course. But sometimes just believing in dreams is easier said than done. Cinderella believes her dreams can come true. I wanted her to see that she is right." The old woman explains.

"So that's what made her shine - faith in her heart that anything is possible. Where did she go?"

"To the royal ball at the palace. Go and when you see her dancing... you'll know that she believes, and that will help you to believe too." The old woman explains. She looks at him. Scarlet appears like a ghost floating beside him. The old woman smiles as she could see Scarlet but Terra could not. Terra leaves for the ball.