𝐗𝐈 |⭑𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧⭑.ೃ࿐

Start from the beginning

"Didn't you tell him? What happened last night...?" The redhead asked again.

"I wanted to! I really wanted to get him but my mind was lost and I was angry... I forgot..." She breathed in despair.

That sounded so infinitely stupid she was so mad at herself that she deserved to be slapped in the face.

Alice placed a hand on her shoulder in a reassuring way. "Hey... I'm it's better late than not at all. You can still confront him... However, I'm not entirely sure if he'd believe you. He might view it as a way of you trying to cancel the engagement." She pouted, feeling sympathy for her friend.

"Exactly! Now I'm lost!" She sighed in defeat.

"Do not fret, Rory. You have captured a dukes interest, I'm certain that Lord Nigel will back up if he sees the dukes perposes." A smile returned upon her features.

That's what Aunt Violet told her. And she sank deeper into despair.

"Besides, he visited you today and stayed for supper with you. He will propose to you before Nigel has the chance to do anything." She continued.

"Alice... There's something I haven't told you..." Aurora hesitantly said.

Her friend's eyebrows formed a V shape.
"What do you mean?"

"Yesterday night, when I told you what happened at the garden with Nigel..."
Aurora hesitated for a bit.

"Yes, I know. He approached you drunk, and you punched him. Aurora, you must know you did nothing wrong. That scum deserved it," Then she saw the look hidden in Aurora's eyes and understood there was much more added to the story.
"Aurora...? Did Nigel attempt something else? Did he hurt you?"
Alice's mind shifted to straight up assult, one that her innocent's friend couldn't catch. Her chest tightened in fear.

"The duke was also there." She admittedly blurred out.

"Pardon me?... Did you just say the Duke was there?" Her eyes squinted in confusion.

"He heard us, and he sprinted to my rescue. He wasn't aware it was me, though. The duke helped me deal with him, I didn't just run out of there like I told you... We spoke in the gardens,"
Aurora stopped before continuing.

"Then, when we finally went back to the ball, after an hour or so, he came along with Benedict to me and Aunt Violet.
He had told my cousins that he had previously bumped into me at a hall, and we greeted each other. After a bit, we saw Lady Featherington approach. He 'asked' me to dance. It was all spontaneous and unplanned." she exclaimed quietly in all seriousness the girl could muster.

Aurora finally looked into Alice's completely confused expression.
And the she straight up laughed at in her face.

"Oh, Aurora. Do you think I'd fall for another prank of yours." She said while laughing.
"Honestly, you never fail to amaze me with your creativity." The redhead said, stopping her hysterical laughter.

A glance at Aurora's straight, emotionless face was enough to take her back to reality.
"It is a prank, isn't it."

Again, Aurora didn't say anything and still looked at her friend the same way.

"Oh, my goodness! I apologize!" Alice mumbled quick "sorrys" as hid her head with her hands.

"I did not realize, Aurora. I thought... Why didn't you tell me yesterday!?"
She exclaimed in frustration and embarrassment.