"The lawyer called up last night. I couldn't tell you last night. You showed up late. The flight is in the evening. And the return flight is tomorrow afternoon. I can meet the lawyer and you can go visit your wife."

Arjun rolled his eyes. He had no such thought in his mind, but a pretty face flashed and his mind tricked him.

"Okay. I will join you." He replied immediately.
He could see the sleep waving goodbye.

Arjun and Kunal went out for lunch. They had a hearty meal. Arjun could not stop himself from going to a gift shop and purchased a pretty looking watch. He paid for it and it gift wrapped. When he walked out of the shop, Kunal gave him a calculative stare.

Arjun raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Are you sure you want to go? Your father would not mistreat you. Right?"

Arjun pursed his lips.
"He can't do anything that he has not done before."

Kunal was taken aback. He had seen the scars, but never the pain.

He silently followed as Arjun exited the gift shop.

It was late in the night when Arjun entered the gate of the house. He asked the guards standing there to get him the key of the outhouse. He silently opened the door to the outhouse and walked in. It was the same as he had left a week ago. He placed his small shoulder bag on the floor and washed his face with a splash of cold water.
Kunal had made sure that he was full before they left the airport. He stood at the window and looked at the main house before sleeping. Bansi's room was not visible from the outhouse.

Sleep took over quickly.

It was late morning when he woke up from the deep slumber. He was himself surprised at the late hour he had slept. He raked his fingers in his luxurious hair and stepped down the single bed. He took a little longer to start his morning. The fact was, he was preparing himself to face the family and see his little sister in broad daylight. He had just a couple of hours before he had to leave again.

Wearing an off-white T-shirt, he paired it up with smart fit jeans and pulled up his leather ankle length boots. If he had been a bit fairer his stubble had stood out. He rummaged through the bag and fetched the gift box that he got for Bansi.

Heaving a deep sigh, he walked to the main house.

No one was there in the living room except Richa.
She looked at the footsteps and widened her eyes. Her eyes were momentarily filled with fear that was immediately replaced with distaste.
He pursed his lips and ignoring her, walked inside.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

He looked at her and gave a blank look.
"Why do you think i am answerable to you? Mind your own business, Richa."

He said the last line with slightly raised voice.

She was momentarily taken aback. Gripped with fear, she looked around, probably for some help.

"What? Is that all the courage you have?" He asked with blazing eyes.

She furrowed her eyebrows as she was filled with anger.
"You, of all the people should not talk about courage. It's no bravery to abduct a helpless woman and marry her forcefully."

Arjun snickered.
"Right. Bravery is what you show."

She blinked as his eyes glowed with challenge.
"Is it the right time to discuss, 'Your bravery'?" He asked.

"Arjun!" She exclaimed in frustration and anger.

"Arjun?" Naren's voice boomed and they both were startled.

It was not necessary to mention that Naren was extremely angry.
"You have not changed at all. After all this time, you two still have to fight? What is wrong with you?"

Arjun gave an angry stare to Richa and turned around to walk away.

"Where do you think are you going? Answer me." Naren raised his voice.

Arjun halted in his tracks and looked back at him.

Naren's raised voice caught attention of Bansi, and she rushed out.
Arjun had his breath hitched.
Naren's voice blurred in the background.

"Bhai?" Her eyes filled up with regret.

One look at her and he found himself unprepared for the moment. The guilt in her beautiful eyes tugged at his heart. He realized that he could barely hatred for the world, but not from her.

"Bansi.. How are...?"

"Why did you do it, Bhai" She interrupted him with glossy eyes and croaked voice.

He blinked rapidly, helplessly.
"You won't understand."

Bansi was on the verge of breaking down. She could not think straight, nor did she realize that she had her Bhabhi and Naren Bhai in the same room.

"Why did you do it, Bhai? What is there to not understand?"

She wiped her tears harshly while Arjun widened his eyes as he saw his father, mother and Veena step down. But Bansi was too overwhelmed to realize that.

"Everyone said that you are a monster." She sniffled and he found something breaking within.

"They never even mentioned you in their talks, but I never believed that. I was never allowed, but I decided to trust you. I was wrong, Bhai. The moment I told you about her engagement, you decided to have her to yourself. I can't believe I made such a big mistake by trusting you. I can never forgive myself." She cried bitterly.

All Arjun could see was his father's eyes. He knew that look very well. What his sister thought of him did not matter anymore. All he thought was about the wrath she would face since his father knew who told him about Veena.
Unknowingly, Bansi had done a grave mistake and there was no coming back.

-----------------------------------

Another chapter up.

30 votes will open a new chapter.

Vote and comment.
Love.