Tony's interference

Start from the beginning

"You're dead when I find you." John yelled at you, and you scrambled away to the back room with Nat on your heels.
"Not if you can't find her" Tony quipped. "I recorded the assault. I'm sending it to the police, and she will be pressing charges," Tony took out his phone to show a video of him punching you while on loop. John sagged against Bucky and Steve's hold, knowing he was finally caught in the act. You came back out with your purse and phone and started to storm away. Tony threw two hundred dollar bills down on the counter to pay for the drinks, and started to follow you. Steve and Bucky got off of him while Sam waited for them and the five of them trailed out after you. You touched your left eye that was already starting to swell up and Nat looked at it with a grimace.
"That's going to hurt tomorrow" she warned you.
"It's not the first time" you admitted. "First time in front of people though" you added softly.
"Let's walk you home" Tony put his arm around your shoulders in a friendly gesture.
"Oh I don't know if that's a good idea" you bit your bottom lip. "I don't live that far away anyways, and this has been a relatively embarrassing evening" you shook your head.
"Nonsense. We want to make sure you make it home safely" Natasha told you and you hesitantly nodded. You started leading the way and Tony took his arm away, and you walked the block to your little apartment building, and you stopped at the door.
"This is me," you said a little awkwardly.
"I need to see what kind of stuff you are bringing" Tony said with a shrug and you hesitated before you nodded, realizing they were going to see your apartment whether you wanted them to or not.

A shrill sound filled the air as you unlocked your apartment door on the third floor of the apartment building. Tony looked at you with questions in his eyes, but you couldn't see Nat, Steve, Bucky or Sam's facial reactions behind you.
"Your contract didn't say anything about pets," you reminded Tony. "Or else the deal would have been off" you opened the door and a large racoon vaulted himself at you, scurrying up your legs and perching himself on your shoulder.
"Oh my God!" Nat said in surprise.
"Hello Tibbsy baby" you giggled as you picked him up off of your shoulder and you held him close to your chest. He nuzzled into you, purring in his own way.
"We didn't officially meet," Steve said from behind you.
"I didn't technically introduce them, but I assumed you knew who they were. They've been appraised you are our new data analyst" Tony explained.
"Hi Steve, I'm Y/N. And this is Tibbs" you cooed, looking at your pet raccoon. Tony walked in and looked at your apartment. "It's a pleasure to meet you," you said a little breathlessly.
"I'm Natasha, but you can call me Nat" Nat offered as she started petting Tibbs who cooed happily at the attention he was receiving. "Can I hold him?" she asked curiously. You handed him over and he snuggled into her while you took stock of all the mischief that Tibbs got into tonight. You had left him several dog toys that are puzzles for treats, and it looked like he solved them all again. He didn't get into the garbage, and his food dish was half eaten.
"Your new apartment is much bigger than this" Tony advised you. "I'll send over the movers tomorrow so it gives you time to settle in."
"I'm Bucky, and this is Sam" Bucky chimed in quickly.
"It's nice to meet you both," you smiled. "I'm sorry for the circumstances. I was not expecting anyone at the bar tonight" you admitted.
"Tony was too excited," Nat cooed while she rocked Tibbs. "Not that he would admit to it" she added with a chuckle. "My fiance Bruce is going to get a kick out of this little guy" she went over and sat on your old brown tapestry couch, seeming to be making herself at home.
"We should get some ice on your eye before the swelling gets too bad," Steve walked into your small kitchen and pulled out a bag of peas from your freezer then wrapped it in a clean kitchen towel that he had found. He brought it back to you and held it up to your eye and pressed it gently against your skin. You hissed at the initial contact but then leaned into it, closing your eyes. You reached up and took the bag, your fingers brushing against Steve's and he blushed. You opened your eyes in time to see a flustered Steve, and you wondered if he was always like that.
"You don't have much for clothes" Tony came out of your bedroom. "What does Tibbs eat?" he asked, taking out his phone.
"Chicken, fish, fruits, vegetables and dog kibble. I get freeze dried chicken for him and use it as a treat in his toys so he's not bored while I'm working" you gestured to all the toys on the floor.
"I'll add it to the menu for him," Tony nodded. "The only thing you don't have in your apartment is a full kitchen. You have a small kitchenette to make coffee or tea. Have some fruits and snacks in a small fridge, but we have a staff cafeteria that you will be using. I'll make sure that Tibbs' meals are included into the three that are made a day."
"I can pay for his meals" you shook your head, a little in shock, not expecting this at all.
"Has he had all his shots?" Tony dismissed you.
"Yes, he's a fully domesticated raccoon. He's very cuddly, just a little mischievous" you saw he was starting to play in Nat's hair and you giggled, then hissed because of the pain in your face.
"Is this your family?" Sam was looking at the photos on your walls.
"Yes, my brother and my parents" you nodded. "We have a farm back home. It's beautiful there" you said thinking about all the money you would be able to send home now. Especially with the salaried position with the Avengers compound. "I go home every year at Christmas for a few weeks" you said with a small smile on your face. You didn't see that Steve was watching you closely, nor did you notice that Bucky was watching Steve with a half smirk on his face.
"Did you want one of us to stay?" Steve asked you, garnering your attention back to him.
"No, I think the whole thing with the police has him scared" you shook your head.
"You are pressing charges, right?" Tony demanded.
"Of course" you nodded in confirmation. "Now that I have proof, it's not just a he said she said kind of deal anymore." you sighed.
"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow to introduce you to the compound and show you your new apartment. But you start officially on Monday, my lab. Nine in the morning" Tony said and snapped his fingers to bring everyone back to focus on him.
"Thank you" you said a little lamely, and Tony waved you off. Nat got up and handed you back Tibbs before she followed Steve, Tony, Bucky and Sam out the door. You closed the door and locked it, letting out a sigh of relief.
"What have I gotten myself into?" you asked Tibbs, feeling that Tony was going to be just as intrusive in your new environment.