There are a total of 10 guilds in the Capital alone, 3 of them are major ones - Might, Swords and Roses, and Ultima guild. These three major guilds are composed of powerful individuals who are not lower than low-tier A ranks. Even so, They are all still regulated by the kingdom's Raid Regulators' Agency and must abide by its law. Unfortunately for Hanbin, C ranks are considered mediocre adventurers and major guilds would never die to enlist them. As for other minor guilds, C and D ranks must apply for it and must undergo a recruitment process that may take days or even weeks before the results are given. During the process, they must keep their noses clean and avoid trouble. The good thing about being a member of a guild is the Health insurance that is given to every member. Regardless of how strong or weak a certain guild is, the Kingdom shall provide medical support to its members. In the Capital, medical bills are one of the most expensive bills to pay. It could range from 300 silvers to a thousand. Only a few can afford it.
Ever since the boundary collapsed, the import and export of local products and goods were limited which resulted in a high unemployment rate. Regular jobs are no longer available for the gifted, and is mandated to serve the Capital by becoming an adventurer. In other words, Hanbin didn't have much of a choice.

...

Hanbin steeled himself as he participated in a raid that fateful day

Most adventurers that gathered in the area knew one another a little, given they all gathered every time there were raids. Those who arrived exchanged greetings over a coffee provided by the RRA.

"Hey, Mr Sung over here!"

"Oi, Yoobin! It's been a while! I thought you were dead?"

"Ha! Almost. But was nursed back to health by the Recovery Office."

"Health insurance was a huge help I see! Good thing you're a guild member eh?"

"Besides, my wife is pregnant with our third child."

"Ha! Ha! We adventurers know there's nothing like raids like this to make some money."

Embarrassed, Yoobin chuckled along with Mr Sung's loud laughter before asking a question: "So why hasn't the RRA summoned us as often? Is there a shortage in low stars raids?"

"No, of course not! There are rumors that the major guilds are paid for exclusive raids..." he lowered his voice. "It's not true that the kingdom's wealth is declining, they say high star raids produce raw materials that can be sold for a large amount of silver. I'm sure they're paying the strong guilds to do the dirty work and the RRA to collect the loot on behalf of the kingdom. So I think we're here to do the same."

"What?! You mean we will be paid to kill the monster but can't collect the loot in the area?"

"Yes. We're just here to kill."

Disappointed, Yoobin nodded silently.

"The absence of the major guilds typically meant it wouldn't be a large payoff and while it was always the case, that usually meant a low-star raid. However, there is no such thing as a guarantee right?"