Selcouth

Defined as: unfamiliar, rare, strange and yet, marvelous

••••••••••

"Damn!" I say as I pull the phone from my ear.

Jisoo is sitting on the floor, doing her work. Her back is against the wall and her laptop is on her thighs and outstretched.

She looks up at me and pushes up her glasses. "What happened?"

I shake my head. "Alex can't make it on time and today is the only day for practice before the show."

She smiles. "You'll be okay Jennie."

I nod and rub my forehead as my heart beats faster and this time it isn't because of Jisoo.

Lately I've started to become more stressed out especially because of so many performances and shows and learning how to do duet skating with Alex. It's been a lot on my mind.

The only thing keeping me sane these past 3 years is Jisoo and her reassurance.

She puts her laptop aside and holds out her arms. I chuckle and walk towards her. I straddle her lap and wrap my arms around her neck, pulling her into a tight hug. I sigh and rest my forehead on her shoulder as she rubs my back.

"Stressed?" She asks softly near my ear and I swallow at the feel of her lips moving against my skin.

"Y-Yeah," I reply.

Her hands stop rubbing and wrap around me. "How about we run through the choreo together? I know half of it."

I pull away with my hands resting on the sides of her neck. I laugh. "You will have to lift me. I don't think—"

"You underestimate me," she says confidently.

I tilt my head. "You can lift me?"

She smirks. "Easily."

Her hands hold under my thighs tightly and brings her knees up. I gasp as she stands up and I wrap my legs around her waist. Her hands are holding my thighs tightly and I'm holding onto her as tight.

"Jisoo?" I ask in shock as I look at her confident smirk.

"Shall we go through the whole performance?" She asks and I nod.

She lets go and I scream but somehow manage to land on my feet and keep a steady hold on her shoulders.

I take a few steps back and point at her. "You...."

She grins. "Yes?"

I squint my eyes. "I don't have a good comeback."

She laughs. "When you do, tell me and I'm sure I'll be amused."

That makes me smile and I walk forward. I turn around in front of her. "Keep one hand on my waist and just follow me."

She follows as I say and I place my hand on top of hers. Then I stretch out my hand a bit and she holds it.

We walk together, going through the routine.

I move to the side until we're only connected by our hands.

I let go and say, "I do a triple axel here."

Jisoo raises an eyebrow. "Impressive."

"Lutz jump," I mutter to myself and walk backwards. "Spin quickly here" I do a pirouette.