He Drives Me Crazy- Chapter 2

I wake up and get ready for school. It was autumn and the brown crunchy leaves were falling as the wind blew. Since it was so pretty outside and was a little chilly so I just put on a hoodie. I was half way there when a familiar mini van pull up as I see the window roll down I see Matt's face driving.

  "I didn't know you knew how to drive."

  "I do. Now get in." 

  "No thank's. I'm walking as you can literally see in front of your face."

  "It's freezing, Ashanti get in." He says sternly.

  "No. You heard me the first time," I stubbornly say.

  "Fine."

  "Fine," I repeat.

  "Fine!" He yell's.

  "Fine!" I yell even louder.

  He finally rolled his window up and drove away. When I finally got to school I saw Nick, Chris, and annoyingly Matt at lunch in the courtyard. I walked up to them talking to mostly Nick and Chris glancing at Matt. The only reason I was even looking at him was because he was staring. Ugh. I'm so pissed but try and keep my composure when I see my latest talking stage. 

  "Hey Ashanti!" Elijah yells to me. 

  I usually hate jocks but this football player is super sweet to me. I turn to look at him with his sweet sweet smile.

  "Hey Elijah," I smile at him before giving him a hug. 

  Elijah hugs me back, picks me up, and twirls me around. My friends smile at our relationship except Matt he's not my friend or anything but even still the face of hatred was for absolutely nothing. 

  "How you been beautiful," he says sweetly.

  "Oh just so great handsome," I sarcastically say. 

Matt groans. 

  "You good, man." Elijah ask's Matt.

  "I'm great, man." Matt says adding the 'man' to mock him.

  "Is he an ex," he whispers a little to loud.

  "You think I would date that."

  "What do you mean by that?" I say angrily almost yelling.

  "You know what I mean," He says giving me a nasty death stare.

  "Come with me now," I say before pulling him by his coat and having to leave Elijah with my friends.

  I pull Matt into a janitor closet to ask him why he was acting like this. 

  "Are you like okay." I say done being nice to him. 

  "I'm fine." 

  "Then act it, geez. Like I know you don't know me so can you act respectful or like something," I say angrily.

  "No."

  "Then stop fucking speaking and looking at me, damn!"

  "Then I will." 

  "Thank you," I say before walking out of the janitor's room as he just stands in there with a menacing death stare.

  The bell rings to go home and I'm so happy to walk home. It's got way more cold than how it was this morning but I thought I could handle it. That now annoyingly familiar van drives to me. Matt rolls the window with a pissed off look as the back windows roll down also. Nick looks at me with a sweet smile. I get it now he forced him to drive up to me this time.

  "Matt unlock the door," Nick shouts to Matt. 

  Without saying anything he unlocks the van doors and Nicks open the door, so I can get in.

  "Hi Ashanti," Chris says moving his head so I can see him.

  "Oh hi Chris AND Matt. Hi there." Giving Matt an obviously fake smile.

  "Fuck you." 

  "Oh why so mad?"

  Chris and Nick just look at each other. What is going on and what am I saying...

  "I should kick you out the car," he says looking at me through the rear view mirror as his eyes basically say 'I'm gonna kill you.'

  "Well I think three people want me in this car so three against one."

  "Who the hell is the third."

  "Me." 

  Matt reluctantly drove me to their house glaring at me every chance he got. Damn does this kid ever stop. Once we get there we all decide to play Uno together even though it took so much time convincing for Matt to play even though I didn't really care if he did. That was rude but true. When we were handing out the cards Chris thought it would nice to do partners. Chris and Nick for some reason wanted to be partners so I sadly had to with Matt. When we were playing the whole time it was just me and Matt arguing with each other about which cards to put down. 

  "Ashanti if you don't just put down the damn plus 2," He threaten's as we sit on couch across from Chris and Nick.

  "Are you actually dumb? Plus 2's don't go on plus fours," I educate him.

  "Oh my gosh. You talk so fucking much," he says as I get up and pick up my messanger bag.

  "I only talk so much because you talk so little," I respond as he get's up.

  "Not talking is a good thing," He say's bringing his face closer to mine with each word.

  "Being quiet could mean you could have a mental problem," I say before turning around to leave.

  "Oh shut up you damn smart ass," I turn around and walk toward him.

  "Oh well that's so original," I sarcastically yell pushing him back on the couch. 

  He sits up on his elbows.

  "Like dating a damn football player. Yeah Ashanti that's real 'original."

  Chris and nick are murmuring things about the argument happening right in front of them when they could initially stop it. I get so close to his face to the point we are sharing air but I stop yelling. I just give up and walk out.