Chapter 1

The Triwizard Tournament Returns: Hogwarts Set to Host

The highly anticipated Triwizard Tournament is set to return, bringing together the three major wizarding schools in Europe: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Durmstrang Institute, and Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. This magical contest will see champions from each school competing in a series of challenging tasks to test their magical abilities, intelligence, and courage.

The tournament offers not only the chance for glory and honor but also the coveted Triwizard Cup and a substantial monetary prize for the victor. However, the event is not without its risks, as it has a history of being extremely dangerous. The tournament was discontinued in 1972 due to the high death toll of participating students. Despite this, it has been revived this year with stringent regulations in place, which will be announced soon.

The excitement surrounding the tournament is palpable, particularly as Hogwarts has been chosen as the host school. Headmaster Albus Dumbledore expressed his enthusiasm, stating, "This tournament will push the students' magical abilities to new heights and promote international magical cooperation."

As the anticipation builds, exclusive interviews with each of the champions will be brought to readers, along with all the thrilling details of the tournament. Stay tuned for updates and insights from The Daily Prophet as the Triwizard Tournament unfolds.

    -Rita Skeeter, The Daily Prophet

Hermione dropped the paper onto her lap with a frustrated huff, casting an exasperated glance at her two best friends.

"Rita Skeeter just thrives on gossip. I highly doubt any of her articles hold any truth," she remarked, rolling her eyes. "I mean, the Triwizard tournament has been banned since 1972 due to numerous student deaths. There's no way they'd bring it back."

Harry's interest was piqued by Hermione's comment, finding her annoyance with Rita Skeeter amusing. Meanwhile, Ron was busy stuffing his face with sweets he'd bought from the trolley.

"Mum says the same thing, but this time it's true. She heard from some professors that Hogwarts will be hosting the tournament this year," Ron mumbled through a mouthful of Every Flavor Beans. "Isn't that exciting?"

"Exciting?" Hermione snorted in disgust. "It's endangering children, Ron! They're pitting students against each other. Someone could get seriously hurt!"

Harry tore his gaze away from the window of the train carriage to offer Hermione a reassuring smile. "I'm sure Dumbledore wouldn't let any harm come to the students."

"Dumbledore may not be able to protect them. From what I've read, the champions are usually out of reach for judges and other students," Hermione replied, gnawing nervously on her lip.

"It'll be fine, Hermione. Don't worry so much," Ron said with a grin, bits of candy still visible in his teeth. She couldn't help but chuckle at his optimism. "You're right, sorry," she sighed. "Though I must admit, it is intriguing to have the chance to interact with students from other schools."