Kaveh was actually going to make it. 

He had survived the attack! He was going to wake up soon!

Now it was only a matter of time before Kaveh regained consciousness and healed.

Still crying I held his hand even tighter and I could feel his grip tightening too.

Then, finally his eyes started to open...

Kavehs POV

I could notice someone holding my hand as I slowly regained my senses.

My eyes slowly started to open and even though my vision was blurry I could recognise two familiar figures over me.

"...A-alhaitham? Tighnari?" They were crying, but why?

Before I could say anything else Alhaitham threw himself on me and hugged me tightly.

"Y-you scared t-the living shit out of me, Kaveh! I t-thought I had lost you this time!" He told me in between sobs.

I didn't remember what had happened.

Where was I? And most importantly why were Alhaitham and Tighnari crying?!

Then I remembered:

The project, my trip to the desert and finally the eremites.

Had I really almost died again?!

There was so much happening right now, I didn't know what to do or how to react.

"Alhaitham you're not letting Kaveh breathe! Give him some air and space" Tighnari chuckled, though he looked like he wanted to hug me too.

Alhaitham separated from me, his hand cupping my cheek. He had this relieved smile on his tear-stained face.

I was still trying to process the amount of overwhelming feelings that lingered in the air, when I tried sitting up.

Then a sharp, agonising pain ran through my body, building up where my wound was.

They both noticed and imidiately made me lay down again.

"We don't know how long it'll take for the wound to stop hurting but until then you're going to have to stay here in bed, which means no work, okay?" Tighnari insisted.

I sighed, then suddenly I remembered something and apruptly sat up again.

"How about the proje-"

The pain kicked in again. It was so incredibly painful it took my breath away.

"Kaveh! What did I tell you? Making harsh movements will hurt a lot! You'll have to stay in bed whether you like it or not! Work is not important right now!" Tighnari scolded me.

"B-but the project... what happened to it?!"

I was starting to panic, knowing that the building the school was my only way out of dept.

Then, finally, Alhaitham told me all about it and that it had continued while I was still passed out. This lifted and incredible weight off my shoulders. Now I just had to wait and get better...

Alhaithams POV

Finally, today Kaveh was going to be able to go back home.

This past three weeks have been really painful for Kaveh and finally his body had recovered enough to be able to go finish healing back at our place.

Tighnari had told me to still watch over him and make sure he does a small amount of movements until he's really a 100% healed.

• • •

"Ahhh... home sweet home," Kaveh sighed as we both walked into our house and immediately dropped onto the couch, letting out a small whimper of pain.

"Still hurts, right?" I asked, feeling bad for him.

Kaveh touched the wound and nodded "You'll have to carry me around" he joked, but it wasn't such a bad idea.

"Sure"

"Awww come on- wait what? You're okay with it?!" he looked at me in disbelief.

"You're bedwritten! I'll have to take extra care of you now. I really don't mind. I actually like the thought of me taking care of you~ so how about I make you dinner?"

We spend the rest of the night, making the dinner and then going to sleep.

As we both laid in bed I couldn't help but start feeling emotional again.

Kaveh inmidiately fell alseep in my embrace, since the healing of the wound consumed a lot of his energy, but I was still wide awake.

It had been almost a whole month since we were together like this, snuggling under the covers.

I started to think again about having almost lost it all.

At the same time this idea started forming in my head.

There was still so much I wanted to do with him, so much I wanted to say to him.

But is it too early to do so?

Fuck it! I am going to do it!

Authors note:

I'm sorry for publishing late but this week I got sick and couldn't really continue writing...

I rushed to create this chapter so it's probably really bad and shorter than usual, but to compensate there's something going to happen next chapter🤭

Maybe it's obvious, maybe not. I'll leave you with the doubt.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!!

-Ju