The Prompt

This is a Hunger Games fanfiction and is meant purely for entertainment purposes

This is a Hunger Games fanfiction and is meant purely for entertainment purposes. My intention is not to infringe upon any copyrights or claim ownership of the original material. I'm just trying to overcome my creative slump by writing the prequel I wanted to read (instead of one about President Snow!).

I'm not into fandoms, but I have put in an unhealthy amount of time thinking about Haymitch Abernathy as a young Tribute. Since I found a few appropriate prompts for ONC, I figured why not choose one and see where it takes me. My plan is to stay as close to the backstory we already have, much of which can be found in the book Catching Fire. That means, some of the characters and situations already exist in the Hunger Games universe, while others will come from my imagination. If you're curious which is which, I'll leave short notes at the end of every chapter.

I hope you enjoy my version of Haymitch's story and how I imagine it could have gone down. As always, good luck to all new and returning participants, and happy ONC—may the odds be ever in your favor (sorry, I had to 😅)!

First chapter coming soon!