47. First experience on the Grand Line

Start from the beginning

.

.

.

.

Ace had just finished his morning training with Sabo, so he decided to take a bath and go to the kitchen to eat something. However, once he stepped inside his room, which he shared with Marco, the fire logia quickly noticed the Commander wasn't in the room. Thinking he was probably staying with pops or running around like a mother hen, Ace then put this matter aside and went to the bathroom.

Once he finished, Ace quickly headed to the deck, looking for a certain phoenix, but there was still no sight of the bird or his pops. Suddenly, his worry kicked in, scared that something might happen to them. Therefore, Ace had been running around asking and searching for them, but no one seemed to know, except...

"Marco and pops?" Deuce said.

"Yeah! Did you see them?" Ace asked.

"Hmmm......oh, I saw them go to the old man's room. Perhaps they're still there."

"Thanks, Deuce!" Ace said.

Ace quickly rushed toward his captain's room, gently knocked on the door and waited for a response from the old man.

"Come in!"

Ace then slowly turned the door knot and walked inside. The Second Commander was shocked to see Marco sleeping soundless in Whitebeard's hands. A smile then slowly crossed his face, it had been so long since Marco could sleep like that.

"Do you need anything, Ace?" Whitebeard asked.

"No, pops! I'm just worried because I haven't seen you two on the deck", Ace replied.

"It's been so long since he could sleep like that", Ace continued while looking at Marco

"He's gone through so many things."

"At least he could share it with me. I'm his lover, aren't I?!" Ace pouted

Whitebeard smiled, then slowly shook his head.

"It's not that easy, Ace. Perhaps he would tell you, once he had the courage to face it."

-Going Merry-

Luffy was happily building his snowman. Suddenly he felt his opponent's presence, so the captain quickly jumped behind the unfinished snowman. Carefully analyzing his surroundings, trying to locate where his enemy was. The captain knew he could just jump out and land a hit on his opponent before he was hit. However, once he jumped out, he definitely lost, as the enemy was also waiting for him patiently.

The captain then slowly considered his option in this situation. If he got hit, this fight would immediately end. Using his devil fruit was out of the question right now, so did Geppo. A plan quickly came up inside his mind, he then gave out a grin as if he knew he would definitely win.

On the other hand, Usopp was hiding behind one of the columns on the ship, patiently waiting for his opponent to come out. However, Luffy suddenly appeared behind him and gave him a slight hit on the head.

"Oi, Luffy! You cheated, you bastard", Usopp angrily said, while pointing his finger at the captain.

"Seriously.... Usopp, you banned me from using my devil fruit power, then Haki and also Geppo. You have your Observation Haki, don't you? At least give me something to work with", Luffy said in annoyance.

"Do I look like I can fully control the Observation Haki?" Usopp grumbled.

"But hey, what is that technique?" The sniper asked.