Ch 18: Conspiracy

Start from the beginning

The knight was knocked a few feet away, tumbling backward. 

Melty looked at the knight in shock.

The knight held his bloodied nose and got up while pointing his sword at the party.

Naofumi: What the hell are you doing!?

Knight: How dare you take Princess Melty hostage!!?

Naofumi/Ryuji: hostage!?

Knight: My fellow knights, Justice is ours! Let's destroy the shield devil and the calamity bringer!

Some knights drew their swords and charged at the party while a couple ran away.

Ryuji: "Summon!" Khezu!

Light came out of Ryuji's weapon and formed into a pale, slimy, and faceless wyvern with an unnerving grin filled with sharp teeth.

The Khezu let out a roar, which sounded like a creepy scream.

Everyone stopped, greatly disturbed by the appearance and the roar of the Khezu. 

Ryuji: Your name is Creeper

Creeper: *roar*

Ryuji: Take them out!

Creeper got on all fours as his tail opened up, revealing a toothy hole which then stuck to the ground.

Naofumi: "Airstrike shield"!

Naofumi realized what's gonna happen and created a magical shield in front of the party.

Creeper then unleashed a burst of electricity, paralyzing the knights.

Ryuji: Melty, aren't these your bodyguards? Why did they attack you?

Melty, still in shock of what happened, shook her head.

Melty: *trembling* i-i don't know... how... why?...

Afterward, the party tied up the knights and waited for the paralysis to wear off.

Naofumi grabbed the knight whose nose Ryuji broke by the armor.

Naofumi: Now then. What's the point of trying to kill the second princess right in front of us?

Ryuji: And why'd you call me "calamity bringer"?

Knight 1: I have nothing to say to the devil. So just kill me now

Naofumi kicked the knight to the ground and was about to ask the next one when he noticed something fell off the guy.

Naofumi picked it up and realized the knights are followers of the Three Heroes Church.