002 Leaving the planet

In a distant part of the universe, there was a piece of land completely cut off from the rest of the world. Within this confined space, only a few structures stood, with one of them being the circular platform.

Out of nowhere, the platform started shining brightly, and hundreds of figures appeared on it. At first, they all wore dull expressions and stood motionless. It took them a while to snap out of it. Observing their awakening, the guard positioned beside the platform clapped his hands to capture their attention.

When they heard the noise, they all turned to see what was going on, trying to figure out their situation. However, the guard raised his hand, signaling them to stay quiet.

"I know you probably have a lot of questions, but for now, keep them to yourselves. I'll explain everything. If you have any questions or if something doesn't make sense, feel free to raise your hand, foot, or whatever you prefer." the guard said.

After hearing this, many of the figures nodded in unison. The guard knew that they were just as smart, if not smarter than him, so getting them to listen wasn't hard.

"You might be wondering how you all ended up here."

They nodded in agreement.

"First things first, you need to learn that all of you are no longer alive."

The guard allowed them a moment to absorb this information before continuing.

"Typically, your souls would go through cleansing and be set for reincarnation. However, because of your exceptional intelligence and some unique qualities, you've ended up here."

Someone in the group raised their hand, and the guard signaled for him to speak.

"Can you tell us, What are we gonna do in here?"

"We'll talk about that later. But first, let me tell you what you can gain from being here."

"By working here, you get the opportunity to pick how you want to be reincarnated, whether it's the place, your identity, or anything else. It might not sound like much now, but as you learn more about this universe, you'll realize how valuable this perk is."

"For instance, certain planets boast advanced technology, while others are known for extraordinary power. Some beings live for just a day, while others match the lifespan of their entire planet. You could hold the status of a slave or be the ruler overseeing those slaves. Some might be confined to their home planet, while others have the freedom to explore the entire universe."

"Even after making these choices, there is still the aspect of civilization. Some may be peaceful and ordinary, while others may be in the midst of wars, pandemics, and so on."

The more he spoke, the more excited he became. Recognizing his growing excitement, he controlled his emotions and continued.

"Some of you might already be acquainted with these situations in your past lives. However, who can assure you that you'll encounter the same opportunities in your next life? This is your sole opportunity to shape your future. If you're on board, step off the platform; if not, stay put, and you'll be sent back for a random reincarnation. Any questions?"

The same person from earlier raised his hand and asked, "What about gender and, uh, memories? You never mentioned that."

The guard gave him a strange look.

"That's because gender is something you can't alter. It stays the same, and if you don't have one, it might be randomly assigned. As for memories, they get wiped before reincarnation, no exceptions."