Jenny didn't have a chance to utter a response that would have most likely been snarky, as Mila stepped out of the bathroom in bloody business attire, vampire teeth clogging her own painfully, "this shit hurts!"

     "Okay! We're all done! Let's go before moon kills me." Izzy jumped off the bed, dragging Aisha's hand with her own. Mila brushed away at her shirt, following the two.

     Jenny narrowed her eyes, grasping Jasmine's hands before the girl had a chance to leave, "you're not going on your own to that stupid dojo. I'm coming with you, and we're getting pepper spray."

     Jasmine, despite initial irritation clamping up the words settling in her throat, felt the corner of her lips tugs upwards in failed attempts to stay at a pout. She let a grin take over, engulfing Jenny in a tight hug. "You love me so much, don't you?"

     Jenny chuckled, tapping her back with a playful tug of her hair, "I love how endearing you are maybe, hate the stupidity that comes with it."

     "Guys! We are going to be late!"

Blinding lights blared heavily down each barrier of the room. It was utterly revolting, how the redundant aroma of the drinks rounded up around Jasmine, leaving her slightly dizzy as she leaned her body against the snack table. Everyone was having the time of their lives around her, but Jasmine wasn't one to enjoy a party if a blunt wasn't rolled up between the delicate flesh of her fingers.

     Sighing, she plopped a Cheeto between her lips, glancing around the room until her eyes landed on the dancing form of her friends. Well, some of them.

     Isabella's upper body was tangled with that of Moon's, smiling hazily with starry eyes as she twirled the taller girl around. Mila found herself aggravated, an opponent from the opposite debate team towering over her in a failed shot of flirtation. Though she swayed lightly, despite the playful protests escaping her.

     She couldn't find Jenny, tilting her head to no avail. "Aisha, have you seen Jen?"

     Aisha, who sipped on ( very clearly ) spiked punch, shrugged, "I think she went to fix her makeup, she said she wanted to ask you know who to dance."

     And she was right.

     Jenny snaked in between sweaty silhouettes, a grimace plastering her face as she neared three boys, and a girl who looked nothing short of foiled, standing a few feet away from her two friends. She caught sight of Jasmine, who in return gave an encouraging smile with a thumbs up.

     "Dance with me." Jenny's voice basked a tinge of roughness, and the cross of her arms didn't help lessen the intimidation the boy was sensing. Eli, with rising panic, peeked at his own friends who mirrored his widening eyes.

     With a roll of her eyes, she grasped his arm and dragged him away, and Jenny hoped her sweaty palms clasped against his elbow was not an indication of her arising nerves.

     Jasmine and Aisha looked at one another with teasing smiles, watching Jenny's hardening facade dissolve as she turned her head away from Eli, an eager smile carpeting her.

    "I'll never understand why she does this to herself," Jasmine muttered low enough for Aisha to hear. Jenny's obsession with the Moskowitz boy was evident to anyone who wasn't himself, and she was certain if she raised her chin with slight confidence, the boy would be hers. But she stopped questioning her after a year of continuous crushing.