𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ᅳ 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩

Start from the beginning

Sage was already aware that parenthood was stressful. However, she had barely gotten any sleep in the last four days. Happy and Sage took turns surviving the last few nights. Violet still had to find her rhythm and that took time, but the tiredness still didn't bring out Sage's best side.

The redhead couldn't even think about working on the pictures for her clients and make some money. The dishes had been in the sink since yesterday and the laundry was also piling upᅳ which she would have taken care of now that Violet had finally fallen asleep. But no, her sister had to ruin the peace.

And on top of that, Sage felt still weak from giving birth only four days ago. The bleeding mixed with abdominal cramps was also taking a toll on her, but with Happy by her side, who had really been a great help to her since they got home, it all somehow worked.

"I told you I was sorry", Fawn mentioned again with a deep sigh. "Iᅳ I can't tell you what it's about. Will you help me or not?"

"I swear I'm so tired of your bullshit!" Sage ran the fingers of both her hands through her red hair, groaning. "Tell me what you did and I'll think about it again."

No, Sage wouldn't think about it again. Fawn was dead to her. Sage only put up with her sister because she had no other choice. Nevertheless, her curiosity was piqued and the redhead wanted to know what Fawn had done that made her have to run.

Fawn swallowed quietly, her gaze cast down. "No...you'll only hate me more if I tell you about it."

"What have you done?" Sage's tone became more demanding, her heart beating violently in her chest as suspicion arose within her. "Does it have anything to do with me? The thing between Jax and you back then?"

"Iᅳ uh, how do you know?" Puzzled, Fawn looked into Sage's eyes. The otherwise bright, friendly green now seemed rather dangerous.

"I've had a strange feeling for some time now, I just don't know what exactly it is", Sage snarled, her tone cold. "And you better start talking before I call Gemma or Jax back and tell them where to find you."

"No, please!" Again, Fawn's nails dug deep into Sage's arms, eliciting a hiss from the redhead. "I'll tell you, okay? But don't call them!"

"You better start talkingᅳ now", Sage barked at her sister, done with Fawn's stupid games. "Sit down and talk."

Fawn took a deep breath as she walked towards the comfortable looking couch and sat down on the farthest seat, her pulse so fast she could feel it in her throat. In addition, Sage's hard, intense look unsettled her even more.

"Before I begin, you need to know that I'm truly sorry, Sage." Fawn tried her best to make her sobs sound genuine to possibly get Sage's pity. "I really didn't want that to happen..", she added with a sniffle. Even the first crocodile tear rolled down her rosy cheek.

Sage, however, was anything but affected or moved. "Cut the bullshit and talk."

Nodding, Fawn tilted her head to the side, getting a direct look at the bassinet in which Violet lay. "She has your red hair.."

"Fawn!" Sage's patience was slowly running out and the warning look she gave Fawn when the blonde tried to caress Violet's cheek stopped the younger one from doing so. "You don't touch my baby, understand?"

"Sorry", the younger one mumbled apologetically, then took a deep breath. "When I was visiting Charming back then, I didn't plan on staying long. You know how much I despise that town", she began, sounding bitter as she scraped the pink nail polish off her fingernails.

"I never thought I would fall in loveᅳ head over heels at that. But that's exactly what happened." The blonde let out a nervous laugh. "Shit, then also in my pregnant sister's fiance."