Chapter Five:

Sirius stood in the living room, holding the curtain open, leaning against the couch and bouncing his leg as he waited for Regulus to come through the gate.

"Love, come have something to eat" Remus came over and put a hand out for Sirius to take, Sirius had been waiting over an hour for Regulus to arrive.

"I'll come soon, just waiting for Regulus, I'm sure he'll be here any minute" Sirius didn't take his eyes off the window, he needed Regulus to come tonight.

"Sirius I don't think-"

"He'll be here! He has to, I need him to..."

"Sirius. Regulus might not be ready to come over yet, you're lucky he came to Hogsmeade with James, but, maybe this just felt a little too much, for right now at least...look at it from his perspective"

Sirius closed his eyes and sighed, nodding in reluctant agreement, taking Remus' hand as the two stood in the living room, Remus kissing Sirius' head and slowly stroking his arm in a relaxing pattern.

"Sirius darling, would you like me to leave some food for you in the fridge? You can have a rest in your room if you'd like and then come out, we'll all still be here when you do" Effie smiled gently at Sirius, Sirius wiped his eyes and looked up as if everything was fine,

"It's alright Effie! You know I can't say no to your cooking"

Sirius charmingly grinned at Effie and she smiled as he waltzed past but then she looked at Remus with a pitiful sigh, they'd both seen Sirius like this before.

James looked at Remus, Remus shook his head and James frowned, he was an idiot to think Regulus would've come for him. (This is supposed to be a sad moment for James don't ruin it with your filthy minds!)

~
Regulus stood with his bags out the front of the wooden door, the handle had a 'M' engraved into the handle. Regulus took a deep breath and knocked,

"Hello professor"

"Mr Black? Are you okay? Shouldn't you be at-"

"Sorry I know it's late but, I've left the Meadows' residence and..."

"...I understand"

McGonagal gestured for Regulus to come inside. Regulus looked around at the room, it was easy to forget their teachers lived in the castle just like them and McGonagal basically lived at Hogwarts full time.

When Regulus entered the room it was like the tents he'd been in when Sirius snuck the two of them into the quidditch World Cup, bigger on the inside.

Walking into the room you were presented with a quaint kitchen and dining space, there was an open door Regulus could see, inside was a bedroom and another door linked off of the side which he guessed was a bathroom or wardrobe.

Regulus watched as McGonagal pulled back a set of red and gold curtains, behind the curtains was a stone wall. McGonagal whispered something under her breath and with a wave of her wand, a door appeared in front of them. Regulus moved his two suitcases forward as she gestured for Regulus to come forward and open the door.

When Regulus opened the door there was an entire new room, perfectly furnished and accompanied by a connected bathroom and walk in closet. Regulus walked forward, placing his cases at the end of the bed and looking around,

"Professor-"

"You can call me McGonagal, if you're comfortable with that of course" she smiled at Regulus, who looked back at her with tearful eyes. Without thinking Regulus walked over and hugged her,

"Thank you" he whispered

"You're always welcome Regulus, now get yourself comfortable." McGonagal smiled, "it's not much for now I know but you can decorate it as you please"