The First Date.

Requested by I_am_Divergent4 ❤️

-

Thomas' POV

Me and Newt have been best friends for a really, really long time now.
And I've also had a really big crush on him for a long time now, too.
I don't know how he feels in return, all I know is that he's gay.
Me and Newt sat in his living room, on the couch covered in blankets and watched a movie.
I've been wanting to do this for a really long time now but I never really had the courage to do so.
"Hey, Newtie?" I whispered. He lifted his head off my shoulder and smiled. "Yeah?" He said and yawned.
'You got this Thomas, just ask him.'

I took a deep breath. "I was thinking-" I began, looking at him. "Will you go on a date with me?" I whispered, blushing. He smiled widely, blushing as well. "Of course, Tommy. I would love to go on a date with you." I sighed in relief, cuddling up to his side and buried my face in his neck.

"I was really nervous to ask you," I breathed out. Newt ate some popcorn we had in the bowl. "Why?" He asked, still watching the movie. "Because I get nervous to ask such beautiful people on dates."

-

The next day I ended up going home around two. I told Newt I would pick him up at 6 to go to dinner. (Aka our date) I was so excited, but yet nervous. Newt always makes me nervous because I'm afraid I'll mess up. "Just be yourself, Thomas. You've been best friends for so long." I said to myself.
I think I have to admit, that I'm in love with my best friend. Oh what am I saying, I know I am!

Once I got home, my younger sister Theresa ran up to me. "Did you ask him?!" She cheered. "How do you know I was going to ask him?" She smiled widely. "Mom wouldn't stop talking about it and how you feel about Newt. But right now that's not the point! Did you ask him or not?!" I nodded to my little sister and she squealed. "What did he say?!" I smiled, blushing. "He said yes." Mother came bursting from the kitchen and hugged me.

"I knew he would!" She cheered, smiling. "Just wait for the date." I gave her a confused look. "Do you know something I don't?" She smiled again, "Go start planning on what you're going to wear." And she disappeared back into the kitchen. "Well okay then," I said softly and went upstairs to my room.

-

- time skip till six -

Since it's winter I have on dark blue skinny jeans maroon sweater and some converse. I kissed my sister and my mother on the heads and they told me to have fun and drive safe. I love my family.

Getting into my car I texted Newt that I was on my way and put my phone away, buckling up and driving off.

Once I got to his house I waited outside his door till he came, once he opened the door he was wearing black skinny jeans, a grey sweater and his black leather jacket with converse as well. "You look breath taking." I whispered, smiling at him. "I don't look that good, nothing dressy or anything." I shrugged. "You always look breath taking to me." I said, taking his hand and opening the door for him. "Thank you, Tommy." He blushed, giggling.

-

Once we got to the restaurant I quickly got out and opened Newts door, reaching my hand out and he took it, helping him down. Once we got inside, I shivered. It would've been nice if I brought a coat. Dumb Thomas.
"Are you cold?" Newt asked, I shook my head. "I'll be fine." He looked at me, but still took off his coat, wrapping it around my shoulders. "I don't want you to be cold, Tommy." He laughed slightly, smiling.

We took a seat, and soon ordered our food and got our drinks. I got hot chocolate and Newt got coffee. "Thank you for this." Newt said softly, smiling up at me. "For the date, for you. For everything." I blushed, he reached out and grabbed one of my hands, I still had his jacket wrapped around my shoulders. "Anything for you, beautiful." He smiled in return, intertwining our fingers.

"You know, Thomas, I've liked you for a really long time now-" He began.

"And I was thinking.." The waitress came to our table, "here you go! Enjoy!" I laughed and thanked her, letting Newt continue. "I was thinking, will you be my boyfriend?"

My eyes widened, "Newt, on the first date?!" I said jokingly. "Of course I'll be your boyfriend, Newton." I smiled and we ate our food and shared laughs. Creating memories.