As a champion's brother..

A Toko and Valt angst story. More Toko angst tho.

This takes place after Evolution and before Turbo

Valt was quite upset these days. And what's the reason? Well, his little brother, Toko has been avoiding him. He tried to talk to his brother but he would just ignore or try to make the talk as short as possible. Toko would decline bey training with Valt and only trains alone or with friends.

"Did I do something that made him upset?" the bluenette wondered.

____

It has been an entire week since Toko acted like this, Valt tried asking his mom and Nika about his weird behavior, but both of them also had no idea...Well. Nika was a little nervous when Valt asks that, he got suspicious of her but decided to brush it of.

Valt tried to look after Toko for a while. Toko was usually with his friends and wouldn't show any signs related to his behavior.

"I have to figure out what's wrong." he was determined to talk to his brother but don't know how at the moment.

____

Toko was standing in the kitchen drinking some water after he did some training, he looked like he's in a good mood. Valt saw that as an opportunity. He slowly approached his brother.

"Hey Toko, I-"

"Hey Valt..." Toko said as he quickly turned around to walk away.

But before he could Valt held his arm not letting him go anywhere.

"Why are you ignoring me, Toko. Is there something wrong?" he went straight to the point.

Turquoise eyes narrowed "No. Nothing's wrong. Let me go."

"Well then stop acting cold towards me! Please just-"

"I said nothing's wrong. Leave me alone!" Toko shouted, making Valt flinch.

"You won't understand Valt" he whispered

Toko pulled his arm out of Valt's grip and ran outside the house.

Brown eyes sadden, looking towards the door that has been left open. It's a beautiful afternoon. the sun was shining brightly. But the atmosphere in the house wasn't the same. The Wonder Boy sighed and walked up his room.

____

Valt was sitting in his bedroom thinking about what had happened. "There's definitely something wrong, but why won't he tell me." Suddenly he heard a knock on the door. The door slowly opened revealing Nika. She looked very hesitant.

"Do you need anything?" Valt asked.

"I want to talk about...something... It's about Toko."

The mentioning about Toko got Valt's attention. "What about him? Is it about him acting weird?"

Nika went and sat next to him on the bed. "Yes, it's about that. Well-"

She hesitated to speak, but decided to anyways

" You see, I know why Toko is acting this way, he told me to keep it a secret but...

____

Near a beautiful blue lake, the turquoise haired blader stood there, staring soullessly into the air. He was slowly proceeding his actions earlier. "Huh, why was I being cold to him?". He asked himself...