Laughing and hungrier they returned to their table and dug in the food.

"Did you realize something?" Kunal asked taking a large sip of his beer.

Arjun looked at him with questionable gaze.

"The girl in little blue dress.. She was eye-raping you."

Arjun raised an eyebrow and looked back at his plate.
"Let go, Kunal. I am not in the mood today."

Kunal clicked his tongue.
"Don't worry about the mood."

Arjun blinked at him as Kunal kept a key on the table and moved it towards him.
Arjun groaned in annoyance.
"Kunal, at least have a decency to ask once. I told you I am not interested."

Kunal crossed his arms over the table and leaned towards his annoyed friend.
"Not interested in anyone or not interested in her?"

"What?" Arjun asked baffled.

"She is pretty."Kunal asked looking back at the girl in short blue glittery dress.

Arjun followed his gaze and saw that the girl had given a few not so subtle glances in their direction.
"I think she is looking at you."

Kunal snapped his eyes at him.
"No,  she was just looking for help from me. I am sure its for you."

Arjun sipped on the cold beer.
"And what about you?"

Kunal leaned back on the chair and waved at the girl in question and the girl paused for a moment to see if she really got the signal.
"Had you listened to me earlier, I would be having fun by now."

"What the..... Did you really call her here? Kunal? What am I going to do with you?" Arjun groaned in frustration.

"She is coming. Behave, Arjun."

"Hi!" The girl exclaimed at Kunal.

"Hey there! Can I buy you a drink?" Kunal asked.

The girl looked at Arjun to see if he would initiate a conversation.

"Have a seat." Arjun said and she immediately made herself comfortable.

"Soniya here." She said blinking.

"Arjun." He simply replied.

"What do you do?" She asked.

"He is a lady killer." Kunal chipped in and Arjun blinked at his brutal honesty.
It was not a pun. Not for him at least.

He stoned his face and dropped his spoon.

Kunal burst out laughing and the girl giggled. It was a cue for him to leave.

He stood up and put a hand on Arjun's shoulder and squeezed it lightly before leaving.
Arjun's phone buzzed after a moment.

'Meet me at the parking at 8 tomorrow.'

Arjun replied it with a thumb up and pocketed the phone to look at the girl.
She smiled.
"Your place or mine?"

Arjun gave a small smile and forwarded his hand.
She placed her palm in it and he squeezed it gently.
"Mine."

He stood up along with her and tangled their fingers as he pushed his way through the crowded dance floor.
The moment they were out of the club and in the open night, he left her hand.

She looked at him with wide eyes.

"I am sorry for the confusion inside. But I am not in mood today. My friend can be overbearing sometimes." Arjun spoke pocketing his hands.

She froze for a moment and then composed herself.
"So, how about an ice-cream?"

He chuckled.
"I just had some alcohol. And.. I don't want to give you any hopes. To be honest... I am married."

She looked at him with pursed lips, turned around and walked away. He sighed and walked towards the road to take a cab to his home.
A black car slowly came to halt and he  groaned for hundredth time that night.

"Can you stop being a good boy for one single night?" An irritation laced voice boomed.

Arjun walked around the car and settled on the passenger seat.
"I stopped being that. You can confirm it from my family. Now that you saved me the trouble to find a cab, shut your mouth and drive. I need to catch up on my beauty sleep."

"What's the use of that beauty if don't let people devour it?" Kunal asked more annoyed.

"God... Kunal drive. Or I will kill you with my bare hands." Arjun threatened.

"Do I look like a girl to you?" Kunal was not giving up.

Arjun looked at him flabbergasted. Could his blunt friend be anymore unbearable?

"Why do I even bare with you?" Arjun wondered.

Kunal shrugged his shoulders.
"What do I do? I am the best."

Arjun closed his eyes to keep his rising temper in check and Kunal drove off towards the apartment they shared.

----------------------------------

Another chapter up.
Vote and comment
Love