(Edward sees a newborn take note of Jasper's protective actions. Edward yells at Jasper, though he can't hear.)

"Jasper – back off – you can't be everywhere at – watch out!"

(As a newborn appears behind Jasper and BITES his shoulder. Alice spins, FLINGS the newborn to Rosalie, Emmett, and Carlisle who kill him. Alice tends to Jasper.)

"I can handle myself." Alice said to her mate.

[ EXT. MOUNTAIN CAMPSITE – BACK ON EDWARD AND BELLA ]
Bella: Is Jasper alright? Edward...

(But he only sees Seth's thoughts, talks to himself...)

"Don't let them protect each other, good, go around..." Edward said still watching the battle closely.

(Suddenly Edward stops, blinks, briefly disoriented as his mind is cut off from the battlefield. He looks around, finds Seth frozen as well. They share a tense look.)

"Someone's hurt?" Bella asked in concern.

"Seth, go." Edward said.

(Seth bolts away from the campsite, fast.)

"Is it Jasper?" Bella asked worriedly.

(Edward whips Bella behind him against a cliff wall and takes a defensive stance in front of her.)

"She's close. I can hear her thoughts. She knew we weren't there, but she caught my scent." Edward said.

[ EXT. CLEARING – TREELINE/battlefield – MINUTES EARLIER ]

(Victoria searches the battlefield from the treeline. She's actually scared of how well Josie is tearing through her forces. She abruptly turns away from the fight, and starts running, following Edward's scent.)

"She knew you'd be with me." Edward said. It was actually kinda obvious now that he thought about it.

"She found us." Bella said concerned.

"She's not alone." Edward warned.

(Which is when Riley steps out of the woods. Bella immediately recognizes him, and is taken aback. Riley edges closer, watching Edward's every move. As they both carefully position themselves.)

"Riley... Listen to me. Victoria's just using you, to distract me. But she knows I'll kill you." Edward said, trying to get through to him.

(Riley hesitates. Surprised to be addressed.)

"In fact, she'll be glad she doesn't have to deal with you anymore." Edward said truthfully.

(Victoria emerges from the woods, forming a triangle with Riley – Bella and Edward at the apex.)

"Don't listen, Riley. I told you about their mind tricks." Victoria warned him.

"I can read her mind, so I know what she thinks of you." Edward said.

"He's lying." Victoria said, knowing that she was losing him.

"She only created you and this army to avenge her true mate, James. It's the only thing she cares about. Not you." Edward said brutally honest.

(Riley's beginning to hesitate. He glances at Victoria.)

"There's only you. You know that." Victoria manipulates him.

(Riley focuses back on Edward, positioning himself to attack. Victoria's eyes burrow into Bella's with bloodlust, revenge.)

"Think about it. You're from Forks, you know the area. That's the only reason she chose you. She doesn't love you." Edward tries to persuade him.