chapter three;

chapter three;

IT WAS DARK OUTSIDE THE WINDOW, the slight breeze of the wind blowing through the curtains enough for Lorraine to feel the cold air on her bare skin tingling.

The rustle of the leaves reached her ears, echoing through the stilling silence.

She was standing in front of the mirror, frowning at the nightgown she was wearing. Confusing filling her as she looked around the old fashioned room, a queen sized bed waiting for her.

Her head turned to the window when she heard a small knock.

„I can vividly recall myself telling you to stop doing this," Lorraine heard herself saying, a sweet laugh escaping her as she moved to the window. „Silly boy."

The man—boy—standing there on a tree branch that stood right at the window, leaning forward, smiled charmingly, „My apologies, ma'am. I'm afraid I could not restrain myself."

His voice out smoothly, a thick texan accent slipping through. Lorraine couldn't see him clearly, his features blurry out completely. She imagined he might've been good looking if she was dreaming about him.

The thought disappeared as soon as it came.

„What will you do if my father sees you here?" she said in amusement, eyes twinkling happily when he grabbed her hand to kiss the back of it. She mocked his deep, southern accent jokingly, „I will be a perfect gentleman to your daughter, sir. You have my word on it."

„A gentleman who wishes to see his beloved," he corrected her without missing a beat, smile not faltering. „Your father will have to understand that, although I promise you he is not going to see us."

„Mmh," Lorraine hummed and leaned forward to catch his lips as if she could see them. „They would be very scandalised to see us like this, Mr Whitlock."

„Then it's a good thing they can not see us," Whitlock murmured wittily against her mouth, almost daringly, „Miss Bennett."

She furrowed her eyebrows. That wasn't her name, was it?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

„So, you dreamed about this guy sneaking at your window," Bella summarised when she had drove over to the Swan's for breakfast, sitting on her bed with crossed legs, „in a time like hundred years ago?"

Lorraine twirled around in the chair where Bella's fossil computer stood, „Yeah, it was so weird, it didn't even felt like a dream, you know?"

„But why was he, um, faceless?" Bella asked her, frowningly and Lorraine was greatful she didn't see her as weird now because she would definitely think that of herself.

„I don't know, but I've never had this kind of dream before. It freaked me out when i woke up," her lips formed a pout at her. „I mean it wasn't even a sex dream."

She grinned at the bright red in Bella's cheeks.

And then she turned to the door where her equally hard blushing father was about to knock.

„Uh," Charlie glanced between an embarrassed Bella and a highly amused Lorraine, wiggling her eyebrows cheekily, „I'm—I'm not going to ask. I... came to ask if you two need anything before i head out."