"My name is Chan," he told him. "What's your name?"

The baby cooed and grabbed at Chan's nose. He laughed and pretended to eat his hand. The baby screamed playfully with a giggle.

"My baby!" someone appeared and ran towards us worriedly. "Oh my gosh," she cried as she took the baby from Chan's arms and cradled it. "Thank you, thank you," she told him as she kissed her baby all over his face and hugged him.

"I'm just glad he's okay," Chan replied, and the woman thanked him again before heading back in the direction she came from. Chan waved goodbye to the baby who waved back. It was the cutest thing I'd ever seen.

"He was so cute," Chan gushed.

I hoped that the crowd around us was loud enough that the bracelet wouldn't pick it up, but I whispered to Chan, "I'm leaning towards not taking it."

His eyes shined as he looked at me. "Really?"

I nodded, and he placed an arm around my shoulder and kissed the top of my head.

"I'll be here no matter what. I'm not going anywhere," he told me.

We made it to the front of the line, and I ordered my coffee and chocolate gelato. Chan ordered coconut and pistachio, insisting the baby had told him they were the best flavors. I just smiled. He really did look cute holding a baby.

"That baby was a genius," Chan exclaimed as he took his first bites of his order. I ate mine as well. It was expectedly delicious. I came here at least once a week because of how much I loved it.

"Chan," I began, "we should probably have a serious conversation about what we'll do if I am pregnant."

"What do you mean?" he asked.

There were so many questions I had. "Like where should we raise it? What will we do when you have tours?"

"We can raise it wherever you're most comfortable."

"Right," I began, "but you work in Korea which isn't even a short plane ride away. We live far apart."

"Lee Know has to serve in the military in 2025. The other members have to go for the next few years after that. We could raise it wherever at least until school...here if that's better for you... and then move to Korea after that."

"Won't the media eat you alive for having a baby before marriage?"

"Then we'll get married," he shrugged as if it were no big deal.

"Married?"

"Haven't you thought about it?" he wondered.

"No," I replied honestly, "It's too soon."

Chan looked upset by my response. "Oh."

"You think about that already?" I asked.

"All the time," he confessed. My heart raced as he looked at me. The reality of our situation was hitting me. We could be pregnant. Chan had thought about marriage.

"Tell me about it. What do you think our future will be like?" I begged. I needed to see what he saw for us.

Chan stood and reached his hand out for me. We cleared our table and began our walk back to my house.

"I see," he began, "us owning a cute home in Korea or Berry, Australia. I see our kids playing in the backyard and running through the sprinkler. We'll have a dog that's running after them. You and I are skewering fruit for their snack time. You have on a lovely yellow dress, and even after years of being together, you still take my breath away."

It sounded very ideal. But it was too too perfect. There were things that could go wrong. I shook my head, not able to believe it could be true for me.

"Ella, I see it. I saw Stray Kids before it happened. I see our future, too."

He sounded so sure that I didn't want to dampen his spirits. We made it back inside, and I stared at the pill on the counter.

"It's still your choice," Chan reminded me.

"I don't know yet," I told him.

"You'll see it, too, baby. I know you will," he smiled, hugging me from behind and kissing my neck.

I hoped I did.

*********************************************

COMMERCIAL BREAK:
Hannah (Chan's sister) is going to be at Coachella...y'all please manifest that I meet them and also don't panic and get too nervous to say hi.
🕯️🕯️🕯️

Also, drop your fave SKZ songs / noise music for the playlist I'm making for our drive from LA to Palm Springs!

Also, also, NUMBER 1 ON KPOP NOW?? I hope ya'll know how much I appreciate the engagement and love this book is getting! I only wrote my first fanfic this year so to see so much attention already is wild

Love you all💙